Research help please

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
      I have autocrated a couple events and working on my third. I attended
      various events including three different Barony Birthdays outside of
      Smoking Rocks. I have recently started to research 16th century events
      (festivals and celebrations) to learn a more historial understanding of
      events. What I have found is interesting, but I have not found that
      much to date. If anyone can recommend sources that would be very
      helpful.

      I am not looking for SCA how to books, but actual historial info.

      Thank you for whatever you might be able to provide.

      Philippe
    • shywolf128
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
        I have just recently come across this website it is interesting in
        the way that it tells of differant ways the people of the 16 century
        were entertained. some of these apparently were not for the faint of
        heart.
        I hope this serve you well.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_In_The_16th_Century#Eating

        gisele

        --- In fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com, "Phil"

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          I would suggest contacting Jehan, Baron Carolingia who ran a very successful series of events (16th century) (La Poulet Gauche) many years ago that were all very high authenticity.
          -Guendalina