Follow Up Notes from meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2009
      I would like to thank those that came. Hopefully we will see new
      people each month as we meet. After two months I am thinking the
      venue for the meetings is good for the group. Everyone seems relaxed
      and having a good time. We enjoyed the book talk this meeting. I
      found the book, Lives of the Courtesans very interesting and it had
      pics. :) I was suprised to discover this was not the group that
      attacked South American......only joking.:) It is nice to see
      different period type books.

      We had a couple business items;

      1) The banner on the board is now the offical banner for the group.

      2) There was a few people working on bringing in new members. Bravo,
      nicely done. Just remember they need to be offically invited and
      that requires I get their e-mail address. This applies to Adults,
      children under 18 must have an adult and are not required to provide
      an e-mail until he or she turns 18. All of the people we talked
      about sound like they would make good members and would have talents
      they can offer to the Household.

      3) We talked briefly about the fencing and the building we are going
      to use. The insurance paperwork is on the way to me and that is the
      final step. We would like to make the most use out of this location.
      We know we have fencers and we know we have A & S folk that want to
      meet. We need to remember we are trying to grow Smoking Rocks, but
      the household is basically hosting the building. If you have any
      questions feel free to post or e-mail me

      I hope I did not miss any thing, let me know if I did.

      I ask everyone to keep recuiting. We talked a bit this meeting about
      becoming a big enough group so we can do more. We need to find that
      balance of growing with good involved people. Guys there are a lot of
      households out there and I'm finding a lot never meet or do anything
      for themselves, their barony or group they are connected with. Let's
      not die that death.

      Thank you again to everyone that came and I hope to see more of you
      the next meeting. We will be working on basic garb patterns and Gwen
      will be posting a list shortly for that meeting.