Re: Middle Eastern Dance Classes

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2009
      Since there appears to be four or more ladies interested in Middle
      Eastern Dance in the area I send a Lady (Bella Donna) who attended
      12th night an e-mail the other day. I have not heard from her, but
      maybe she might be interested in teaching local.

      I will let you know.

      Philippe

      --- In fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lovett"
      <starsong_lady@...> wrote:

      > I would be interested in this kind of dance as well
      >
      > Lorelei
      >

      > It has been echoing in my chest
      > For who knows how long.
      > Although it's a whisper tinier
      > Than a drop of the evening fog.
      > Towards the darkness of the frozen stars
      > A spinning prayer
      > May it reach your distant sky....

      Classes
      > To: fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:14 AM
      >

      > You, Tricia and Kathy should talk, I think you all have an interest
      in Middle Eastern Dance.

      > Philippe

      Eastern
      > dancing.
      > -Shawna
      >
      > > I thought someone might want to be aware of this class in
      Carolingia;

      > > We are having Middle Eastern dance classes/practice starting Jan
      15,
      > > 2009. The Fencers of Carolingia have graciously made space for us
      at
      > > their practice in the newly renovated Cambridge War Memorial
      > > gymnasium space (this means access to clean hard wood floors).
      > >
      > > In general, we'll use the following format with the aim to provide
      > > basic Middle Eastern dance skills/steps, get some exercise and
      have a
      > > forum to practice.
      > >
      > > We'll be following the general format below:
      > >
      > > Stretches to warm up
      > > Teach 2-3 new moves and/or concepts
      > > Open dance where the beginners practices the new moves and more
      > > advanced dancers can build more steps
      > > Group review of 2-3 new moves/concepts
      > >
      > > Some logistical information:
      > >
      > > Time: Thurs (weekly) from 7-9 pm
      > >
      > > Cost: $3:00 per visit to be paid to the attendant at the War
      Memorial
      > > (the money goes to the War Memorial, not me or anyone else in the
      SCA)

      > > Location: 1640 Cambridge St Cambridge, MA 02138 (it's part of the
      > > Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School)
      > >
      > > Parking: We have access to Free parking right across the street at
      > > Harvard Vanguard. Please use the lot behind their building (do NOT
      > > park in employee parking in the front).
      > >
      > > Contact info: serene@neotheo. com
      > >
      > > Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Our practice
      > > starts on Jan 15th. I hope to see you all there.
      > >
      > > All the very best and looking forward to a great New Year.
      > >
      > > Serene
      > >
      > > Inclement Weather Policy
      > >
      > > Since inclement weather is not that far in the future please read
      the

      > > policy and save it. If Cambridge Public Schools are closed
      Recreation