Re: [fortressthreemonkeyskulls] Middle Eastern Dance Classes

  • u_s1king@umassd.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
      Too bad I have somewhere I need to be on Thursdays...I love Middle Eastern
      dancing.
      -Shawna

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
        You, Tricia and Kathy should talk, I think you all have an interest in Middle Eastern Dance.

        Philippe

        Too bad I have somewhere I need to be on Thursdays... I love Middle Eastern
        dancing.
        -Shawna

        > I thought someone might want to be aware of this class in Carolingia;
        >
        > We are having Middle Eastern dance classes/practice starting Jan 15,
        > 2009. The Fencers of Carolingia have graciously made space for us at
        > their practice in the newly renovated Cambridge War Memorial
        > gymnasium space (this means access to clean hard wood floors).
        >
        > In general, we'll use the following format with the aim to provide
        > basic Middle Eastern dance skills/steps, get some exercise and have a
        > forum to practice.
        >
        > We'll be following the general format below:
        >
        > Stretches to warm up
        > Teach 2-3 new moves and/or concepts
        > Open dance where the beginners practices the new moves and more
        > advanced dancers can build more steps
        > Group review of 2-3 new
        moves/concepts

        > Some logistical information:
        >
        > Time: Thurs (weekly) from 7-9 pm
        >
        > Cost: $3:00 per visit to be paid to the attendant at the War Memorial
        > (the money goes to the War Memorial, not me or anyone else in the SCA)
        >
        > Location: 1640 Cambridge St Cambridge, MA 02138 (it's part of the
        > Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School)
        >
        > Parking: We have access to Free parking right across the street at
        > Harvard Vanguard. Please use the lot behind their building (do NOT
        > park in employee parking in the front).
        >
        > Contact info: serene@neotheo. com
        >
        > Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Our practice
        > starts on Jan 15th. I hope to see you all there.
        >
        > All the very best and looking forward to a great New Year.
        >
        > Serene
        >
        > Inclement Weather Policy
        >
        > Since
        inclement weather is not that far in the future please read the

        > policy and save it. If Cambridge Public Schools are closed Recreation
        > Programs are automatically closed.

      • L. Lovett
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
          I would be interested in this kind of dance as well

          Lorelei

          It has been echoing in my chest
          For who knows how long.
          Although it's a whisper tinier
          Than a drop of the evening fog.
          Towards the darkness of the frozen stars
          A spinning prayer
          May it reach your distant sky....

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2009
            Since there appears to be four or more ladies interested in Middle
            Eastern Dance in the area I send a Lady (Bella Donna) who attended
            12th night an e-mail the other day. I have not heard from her, but
            maybe she might be interested in teaching local.

            I will let you know.

            Philippe

            --- In fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lovett"
            <starsong_lady@...> wrote:

            > I would be interested in this kind of dance as well
            >
            > Lorelei
            >

            > It has been echoing in my chest
            > For who knows how long.
            > Although it's a whisper tinier
            > Than a drop of the evening fog.
            > Towards the darkness of the frozen stars
            > A spinning prayer
            > May it reach your distant sky....

            Classes