Middle Eastern Dance Classes

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
      I thought someone might want to be aware of this class in Carolingia;

      We are having Middle Eastern dance classes/practice starting Jan 15,
      2009. The Fencers of Carolingia have graciously made space for us at
      their practice in the newly renovated Cambridge War Memorial
      gymnasium space (this means access to clean hard wood floors).

      In general, we'll use the following format with the aim to provide
      basic Middle Eastern dance skills/steps, get some exercise and have a
      forum to practice.

      We'll be following the general format below:

      Stretches to warm up
      Teach 2-3 new moves and/or concepts
      Open dance where the beginners practices the new moves and more
      advanced dancers can build more steps
      Group review of 2-3 new moves/concepts

      Some logistical information:

      Time: Thurs (weekly) from 7-9 pm

      Cost: $3:00 per visit to be paid to the attendant at the War Memorial
      (the money goes to the War Memorial, not me or anyone else in the SCA)

      Location: 1640 Cambridge St Cambridge, MA 02138 (it's part of the
      Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School)

      Parking: We have access to Free parking right across the street at
      Harvard Vanguard. Please use the lot behind their building (do NOT
      park in employee parking in the front).

      Contact info: serene@neotheo. com

      Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Our practice
      starts on Jan 15th. I hope to see you all there.

      All the very best and looking forward to a great New Year.

      Serene

      Inclement Weather Policy

      Since inclement weather is not that far in the future please read the

      policy and save it. If Cambridge Public Schools are closed Recreation
      Programs are automatically closed.
    • u_s1king@umassd.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
        Too bad I have somewhere I need to be on Thursdays...I love Middle Eastern
        dancing.
        -Shawna

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
          You, Tricia and Kathy should talk, I think you all have an interest in Middle Eastern Dance.

          Philippe

          Too bad I have somewhere I need to be on Thursdays... I love Middle Eastern
          dancing.
          -Shawna

          > I thought someone might want to be aware of this class in Carolingia;
          >
          > We are having Middle Eastern dance classes/practice starting Jan 15,
          > 2009. The Fencers of Carolingia have graciously made space for us at
          > their practice in the newly renovated Cambridge War Memorial
          > gymnasium space (this means access to clean hard wood floors).
          >
          > In general, we'll use the following format with the aim to provide
          > basic Middle Eastern dance skills/steps, get some exercise and have a
          > forum to practice.
          >
          > We'll be following the general format below:
          >
          > Stretches to warm up
          > Teach 2-3 new moves and/or concepts
          > Open dance where the beginners practices the new moves and more
          > advanced dancers can build more steps
          > Group review of 2-3 new
          moves/concepts

          > Some logistical information:
          >
          > Time: Thurs (weekly) from 7-9 pm
          >
          > Cost: $3:00 per visit to be paid to the attendant at the War Memorial
          > (the money goes to the War Memorial, not me or anyone else in the SCA)
          >
          > Location: 1640 Cambridge St Cambridge, MA 02138 (it's part of the
          > Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School)
          >
          > Parking: We have access to Free parking right across the street at
          > Harvard Vanguard. Please use the lot behind their building (do NOT
          > park in employee parking in the front).
          >
          > Contact info: serene@neotheo. com
          >
          > Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Our practice
          > starts on Jan 15th. I hope to see you all there.
          >
          > All the very best and looking forward to a great New Year.
          >
          > Serene
          >
          > Inclement Weather Policy
          >
          > Since
          inclement weather is not that far in the future please read the

          > policy and save it. If Cambridge Public Schools are closed Recreation
          > Programs are automatically closed.

        • L. Lovett
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
            I would be interested in this kind of dance as well

            Lorelei

            It has been echoing in my chest
            For who knows how long.
            Although it's a whisper tinier
            Than a drop of the evening fog.
            Towards the darkness of the frozen stars
            A spinning prayer
            May it reach your distant sky....

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2009
              Since there appears to be four or more ladies interested in Middle
              Eastern Dance in the area I send a Lady (Bella Donna) who attended
              12th night an e-mail the other day. I have not heard from her, but
              maybe she might be interested in teaching local.

              I will let you know.

              Philippe

              --- In fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lovett"
              <starsong_lady@...> wrote:

              > I would be interested in this kind of dance as well
              >
              > Lorelei
              >

              > It has been echoing in my chest
              > For who knows how long.
              > Although it's a whisper tinier
              > Than a drop of the evening fog.
              > Towards the darkness of the frozen stars
              > A spinning prayer
              > May it reach your distant sky....

              Classes