Re: [fortressthreemonkeyskulls] Re: Holiday Meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
      Okay--
      Let me brainstorm about ideas for A&S  classes

      I can defintely teach a class on the period cross stitch technique i learned from Nest.

      I'm also thinking of doing an overview of sumptuary laws, both in period and in the SCA.

      I think having a bring your books in type of day would be good too, where we bring in some of our more unsuual books to share during the meeting with everybody else.

      Also I can do a class on looking objectively at illustrations and portraits to figure out how to reconstruct the garment pictured.

      Basic Pattern construction for simple garb such as tunics, chemises, sideless surcoats.

      Those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

      I'll keep thinking of other ideas, etc.
      -Guen

      MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

      If I had a bigger house I'd have a huge christmas party for everybody to come over.... but alas, i do not.