Re: [fortressthreemonkeyskulls] Happy Holidays

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 2008
      Volvo is a very good MFG.  I have known people who seem to have their Volvo's for years.

      Having a class, meal and quick meeting.  That could be a plan.  It would be reason for more to show then just reviewing household business.

      Members if you read this please give your thoughts.

      Thanks Guen

      Philippe

      From: Philip Packard <itsthegotee@ yahoo.com>
      To: fortressthreemonkey skulls@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 10:58 AM

      Congratz on the new van.  I totally understand the issues of having one car must have created.  It had to be very challenging.

      I know some households go out and some have pot luck dinners every month.  There are many things we can look at and maybe the answer is to do all of them alternating monthly.  Unlike years ago many people in the SCA  are in one or more household and that limits the field a lot.  There is also those had have been in a household and had a bad experince and want join another.  So you really have to look to find good people that will join.

      Philippe

      From: Phil <itsthegotee@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [fortressthreemonke yskulls] Happy Holidays
      To: fortressthreemonkey skulls@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 10:36 AM

      I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy
      New Years.

      As we end this year we will be looking at ways to build the group.
      Tricia and I just had a conversation about this subject just this
      morning. Having just her and I doing the work will not help us as a
      household. There have been suggestions we open the household to larp
      players, I am open this idea. I think we have learned the hard way
      that the character of the person is more important then if they are
      SCA, LHA, DCC or just a larper. We cannot assure every single person
      will fit, but we will deal with that as it comes along. Tricia and I
      will revisit people we have invited and not heard back from and we will
      look towards groups like DCC to grow in a way that benefits both groups.

      So What have we done since starting? We held Tuesday fencing which
      went well but weather shut us down. I personally tried to be involved
      with Smoking Rocks as an effort to lead by example and help grow the
      SCA and LHA interests in the Northeast region. This has not gone so
      well. I have found there are too many old timers in SR that are not
      open to new ideas and trying to be bigger and better. They strongly
      resist change. Lesson learned. We have tried to have monthly meetings,
      not well supported, but we will continue. I appealed for all of your
      thoughts and ideas and got little reply, but we will continue that
      process also.

      So what to do moving forward, we will continue monthly meetings. My
      question is would more of you attend if we met at places like Papa
      Ginos? I have stepped back from my involvement in Smoking Rocks and
      will take that time to build the group and continue to find a year
      round location in the Plymouth/Carver area for training. I think this
      would be huge. I just left a message about a building this morning.
      Again, we do not want just numbers, but good people, but it is a
      process.

      Your thoughts on these topics are welcome without risk of life and
      facing the rack and plank. :)

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2008
        I think having a little more going on would be a good thing. We all have loads of specialized knowledge and skills and just sharing them in a short overview class could take up quite a number of meetings.

        Guen

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 24, 2008
          On this Christmas eve I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and
          Happy Holidays. Please be safe in your travels and have a good time
          off.