904Re: KOC/FTMS Tuesday Night Fencing

    Mar 7, 2012
      We want to thank those that came. We had a good time getting back on the floor. Also a huge thank you for the donations of swords, gear and books. Any and everything donated will be put to use. Also thank you to our host.

      We worked on just getting the rust off as all involved had not been on the floor for while. We will being slipping the group as we grow so we can train both new and experienced fighters and being everyone back together for some fun sparring

      Next week, March 13th @7:00 PM

      $5.00 fee goes directly to our host to pay the Electric and heating bills. No exceptions. You will be required to sign a waiver each and every time and on your first time you may need to show proof of age. We cannot train anyone under 18.

      Emmanuel Church
      6 Rogers Ave
      Wareham, MA 02571

      If you need directions you may contact us at lordp218@... (Phil) or ladys218@... (Tricia)

      RIPP has advised me they will be coming as a group when they have an open date. A rep from one major college attended and is very excited with our location and what we have to offer. I am also working with the Director of Student Affairs at another university and he is helping us connect with the right people to form a group from their school to attend. We have also received a fair amount of interest form a few new people out side the schools.

      We are using only LHA rules and Marshals for our fencing format. We are working on setting dates for line Marshal training. As we grow we will need line marshals to help with the different groups and serve as seconds for people to qual. To be a marshal you have to be a member, qual in all the basic forms and show you are safe on the floor. The training will consist of basic floor training, rules review and open book test.

      We are also working on building the re-enacting group. If you are interested let us know.

      Phil (Philippe)
      Tricia (Giselle)

      --- In fortressthreemonkeyskulls@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <lordp218@...> wrote:

      > Starting next week, March 6th @7:00 PM
      >
      > $5.00 fee goes directly to our host to pay the Electric and heating bills. No exceptions
      >
      > Emmanuel Church
      > 6 Rogers Ave
      > Wareham, MA 02571
      >
      > If you need directions you may contact us at lordp218@... (Phil) or ladys218@... (Tricia)
      >
      > We have had a great response from RIPP and two major universities in the area. So we will see good growth in the next month and one of the universities has talked to me about helping start a club on campus.
      >
      > We are using only LHA rules and Marshals for our fencing format. We are working on having Marshal training.
      >
      > We are also working on building the re-enacting group. If you are interested let us know.
      >
      > Phil (Philippe)
      > Tricia (Giselle)

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic