Re: How to display data retrieved from database

  • wkc333
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
      one way is to form the XForms programmatically, with some form of
      design and data stored in the database. we're currently doing it using
      stylesheet (which contains the xforms design) and XML containing data
      from DB. do a XSLT using the stylesheet and XML, and u should get the
      final XForms, which you then serve it to the client.

      --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "sarahpro2003" <sarahpro2003@y...>
      wrote:
      > It seems to me that with implemention of XForms on the client side,
      > XForms rely on a pre-existed XML document either inline or external
      > for data to be displayed. Could someone let me know if it is possible
      > to use formplayer + servlet to display data retrieved form database?
      > Your help is greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Sarah
    • Mark Birbeck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
        Message
        Hi Sarah,

        I hadn't noticed that you posted this to our list and the W3C one, so here is the reply to this question that I sent earlier, for anyone that is not on the W3C list:

        Best regards,

        Mark

        Mark Birbeck
        CEO and CTO