RE: [FormsPlayer] Re: FormssPlayer Submission

  • BJØRN SUNDBERG
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      Mark.

      This version crashes using xml and xslt.

      I'll wait for a new version.

      Is it the xforms-value-changed event that triggers the alert
      message in your implementation?

      You are doing a great job.

      Bjørn

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Bjørn,

        > This version crashes using xml and xslt.
        >
        > I'll wait for a new version.

        Although there is a new version on its way, we would still appreciate
        details of any crashes that you discover. Could you tell us how to reproduce
        the crash you are experiencing, just in case it has not been discovered
        already?

        > Is it the xforms-value-changed event that triggers the alert message in
        > your implementation?

        No. In versions before 0.9.3.31, the <alert> was fired within the processing
        for the xforms-invalid event. That is why you only see it once (the subject
        of much confusion in previous threads), since that event only fires when the
        control *becomes* invalid. The XForms spec has since been changed, and now
        the <alert> element is just an XML element. Whether it is shown or hidden is
        up to the form designer, but by using a CSS pseudo-class you can get the
        status of the <alert> to change along with the status of the model item
        properties for 'valid' and 'invalid'.

        This is a much neater solution, because if a number of controls become
        invalid, you no longer get an error message for each (annoying for the
        user); instead the form designer could just arrange for a comment next to
        appear next to each control that will disappear as the user corrects each
        problem.

        Regards,

        Mark

        Mark Birbeck
        Co-author Professional XML and
        Professional XML Meta Data,
        both by Wrox Press

        Managing Director
        x-port.net Ltd.
        4 Pear Tree Court
        London
        EC1R 0DS

        E: Mark.Birbeck@...
        W: www.x-port.net
        T: +44 (20) 7689 9232
      • BJØRN SUNDBERG
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Hi Mark.

          Thank you for the answer.
          I crashes on opening the xml file with link to an xsl.
          I works with 0.9.3.25

          I attach the files. You know what to do.

          Two of the models refers to xsd's.

          Thanks
          Bjørn