formsPlayer.com is now ready for you!

  • Mark Birbeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      We've been working hard in the last few months on a number of
      different things. Some are imminent--such as full support for XForms
      1.1 in formsPlayer--and some are almost imminent (and we can't
      talk about them yet). But one that is here now, is the fresh, new,
      restructured and redesigned formsPlayer.com site.

      UP-TO-DATE

      The main change in the site is that it is now much easier for us to
      update, which means that we can add tutorials, samples, articles and
      blogs whenever the mood takes us--and that's often. We've also moved
      our bug-tracking onto the site, and of course there are plenty of
      forums in which people can ask (and answer) questions, as well as
      share ideas.

      So although this Yahoo! Group has been a great resource over the last
      four years, it will no longer be used.

      THANK-YOU

      We're very grateful for all the useful input and bug-catching that
      group members have provided over the years, and it is no exaggeration
      to say that it would have been impossible for such a small company as
      ours to have created software like formsPlayer, without this kind of
      help (and encouragement). We really do hope that many of the 800
      people on this list will come over to the new site (many have already
      made the switch in the last few months), and make use of the new
      resources. We are building a substantial collection of articles,
      discussions and code for those looking to build a new generation of
      internet applications, and we'd love to see you there.

      INTEGRATED

      One of the main advantages of the new site is that everything is
      completely integrated; a comment in the bug-tracking system can link
      to a tutorial, a blog entry can link to sample code, an answer in a
      forum can link to a feature request. Being able to cross-reference
      everything means that the information and knowledge in
      formsPlayer.com, about building web applications with XForms, will get
      deeper and deeper.

      Once again, thanks for your help over the last 4 years or so, and we
      look forward to seeing you all on the new site.

      Regards,

      Mark

      --
      Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer