Re: [formsPlayer] Re: Calling Web Services!!!
- Hi Kumaar,
This is a SOAP issue, I'm afraid. Your server is saying that it
doesn't know what action to carry out, because you have not sent a
SOAPAction header. In SOAP 1.1 this is required as one of the HTTP
headers, but in SOAP 1.2 it's not necessary.
One way out is to see if your SOAP server can be set so that the HTTP
header is optional, perhaps by being configured to use SOAP 1.2. If
you have to use 1.1 then the alternative is to use the formsPlayer
extensions to add an HTTP header dynamically. Details on this are
available in the archives of this list.
On 23/10/06, kumaar.subramanian <kumaar.subramanian@...> wrote:
> Hello Mark,
> Thank you very much for your speedy response. As you said I'm
> using httpanalyzer tool to trace the Request and Response. I found
> that it throws an exception in the response. Please find below
> Request and Response info.
> POST /active-bpel/services/RequirementManagerService/PostRequirement
> Accept: */*
> Accept-Language: en-us
> Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
> UA-CPU: x86
> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
> User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1;
> formsPlayer 1.4; nxforms/1.00; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727;
> Host: localhost:8080
> Content-Length: 670
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> Cache-Control: no-cache
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> <Requirement xmlns="http://prelude.ezre.types">
> <SessionId xmlns="">f776769e-5061-400f-b830-3d483a4ed9b2</SessionId>
> <ReqId xmlns="">1</ReqId>
> <SkillSet xmlns="">C#, VB.NET</SkillSet>
> <RQI xmlns="">90</RQI>
> <NoOfCandidates xmlns="">3</NoOfCandidates>
> <PostedBy xmlns="">
> HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:13:40 GMT
> Connection: close
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
> <faultstring>no SOAPAction header!</faultstring>
> I did the following steps inorder to call webservice directly from
> the XForms.
> 1. Added submission element as follows,
> <xforms:submission method="post" mediatype="text/xml"
> When you look into the action attribute i mentioned the Webservice
> Operation name along with the URL (PostRequirement is my operation
> name). I'm sure i'm in the wrong path, because in the response it
> clearly says "no SOAPAction Header". Can you please kindly let me
> know where should I have to mention the Operation name for my Service
> --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@...>
> > Hi Kumaar,
> > > I'm calling my .net webservice from Xforms but it's not
> > > the service. Anyone of your help will be really helpful to
> > > further.
> > You'll need to narrow things down a little, to work out where the
> > problem is. The first thing I'd suggest is that if you are not
> using a
> > tool like Fiddler to monitor your network traffic, then you get one.
> > Fiddler is from Microsoft, and free, but there are many other tools
> > that do the same job--whatever you use, you need to work out whether
> > formsPlayer is sending the correct data for your service, and also
> > whether your service is giving you an error message. Then you can
> > start to determine whether the problem is in your service or your
> > form.
> > Regards,
> > Mark
> > --
> > Mark Birbeck
> > CEO
> > x-port.net Ltd.
> > e: Mark.Birbeck@...
> > t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
> > w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/
> > b: http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/
> > Download our XForms processor from
> > http://www.formsPlayer.com/
t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
Download our XForms processor from