xf:repeat problem

  • Bertjan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      Hi all,

      I just ran accross an issue with the xf:repeat element. I'm generating
      rather complex forms that have xf:switch statements within xf:repeat
      elements. And i use triggers to switch between to cases. This is
      working rather well for the first element in the repeat.

      But when more elements are created, the triggers in those element all
      trigger the first element. It seems that the ids of the switch
      statement are copied for each node in the xf:repeat nodeset rather than
      that each node gets new id's for the switch statements.

      regards,

      Bertjan Broeksema
    • paul butcher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006

        Hi Bertjan,

        It is true that the ids are copied for each id.  For actions that are defined outside a repeat, and refer to elements within the repeat, the corresponding element within the current repeat-index is used.  If those actions are defined within the repeat, they refer to the iteration in which they are defined.

        In the attached form, the triggers at the top are outside the repeat.

         The first pair will toggle the appropriate case in the current iteration, as the toggle is outside the repeat (use the triggers at the bottom to change the index, which is indicated by a cyan background).

         The second pair toggle the case in all repeats.  The corresponding toggle elements are defined in the repeat, and are therefore present in each iteration.

        The triggers in each repeat iteration, will toggle the case in the corresponding iteration.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
          Hi Paul,

          Thanks for the reply. But yahoo seems to mess up the attachment.
          Would you please send it to my gmail account?

          b.broeksema AT gmail DOT com

          regards,

          Bertjan

          --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "paul butcher" <paul.butcher@...>