Initial values ignored

  • stevemim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi,

      I have IE 6 SP2 and have the latest FP 1 but when I copied the print
      setup example source xhtml into a document and tried to view it
      locally I get no initial values... I then tried to write my own
      simple form and still got no initial value. Is there something I have
      to do to make IE recognize the instance? It sees the forms player.

      I apologise if this has been answered before as I am new to XForms.
      (I can provide the htm doc if required, but all did was click the view
      the source link on the sample page, paste it into a blank doc and
      saved it.)

      Thanks
      Steve
    • stevemim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Hi,

        I have got my simple example to work now, I found the answer to my
        mistake in the "submit to local file" thread, I needed my XPath to
        begin with // for the ref to be valid.

        Still dunno why the pasted sample from the website failed to work as I
        did not alter any of the XPaths in that one.

        Steve

        --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "stevemim" <harwins@d...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have IE 6 SP2 and have the latest FP 1 but when I copied the print
        > setup example source xhtml into a document and tried to view it
        > locally I get no initial values... I then tried to write my own
        > simple form and still got no initial value. Is there something I
        have
        > to do to make IE recognize the instance? It sees the forms player.
        >
        > I apologise if this has been answered before as I am new to XForms.
        > (I can provide the htm doc if required, but all did was click the
        view
        > the source link on the sample page, paste it into a blank doc and
        > saved it.)
        >
        > Thanks
        > Steve
      • Richard Bidgood
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hi Steve,

          Thank you for bring this to our attention. The source view of the samples is
          adding additional space after an element's opening tag and before the
          closing tag. In this sample it means that the instance data doesn't match
          the xpath expressions to display its initial values. The instance data
          should be:

          <printerSettings xmlns="">
          <paperSize>0</paperSize>
          <printQuality>1</printQuality>