Re: Problems with web site examples

  • Mark Birbeck
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello Mark,

      > I have just started trying FormsPlayer, and find that at least two
      of
      > the examples (offline forms and cinema) on the web site crash IE
      (v.
      > 6.0.26).

      Thanks for that. The download site should have made more clear that
      you need IE 6, SP 1, which will give you a version number of 6.0.28.

      Mark Birbeck
    • Mark Seaborne
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
        Mark

        I have applied the service pack, and the examples on the web site work beautifully now, thanks.

        I am still having a problem with forms that use a different prefix for the XForms namespace though. If I use "xforms" it works fine. Anything else, IE crashes.

        All the best

        Mark

      • Mark Birbeck
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          Mark,

          > I have applied the service pack, and the examples on the web
          > site work beautifully now, thanks.

          Glad to hear it.

          > I am still having a problem with forms that use a different
          > prefix for the XForms namespace though. If I use "xforms" it
          > works fine. Anything else, IE crashes.

          Yes, this has been fixed. It will be available in a forthcoming release. For
          now you will need to use the prefix 'xforms' for anything but the most
          simple forms.

          Regards,

          Mark

          Mark Birbeck
          Co-author Professional XML,
          and Professional XML Meta Data,
          both by Wrox Press

          Managing Director
          x-port.net Ltd.
          4 Pear Tree Court
          London
          EC1R 0DS

          E: Mark.Birbeck@...
          T: +44 20 7689 9232
          M: +44 7774 102 413
          W: http://www.x-port.net/
        • Mark Seaborne
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
            Ok, I can live with it a while longer :)

            Mark