inline schemas

  • pacovarch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm getting the following error when I use an inline schema:

      "A fatal error occurred in formsPlayer: 0x8004020e.
      schema "theSchema" for model "(null)" is not well formed:
      Quote expected.
      At: (null)"

      I know that this has been reported before and the solution - put the
      schema inside the model element - seems to have worked for the
      person originally reporting this. Unfortunately I'm having no luck
      with inline schemas regardless of where it is located in the XForms
      doc. The schema works fine with FP if I specify it as an external
      file.

      I'm sure it's some detail I'm missing but I've been all over this
      and can't see it. Anyone has this working with the .1015 build of
      FP? If so any pointers or gottcha's to share?

      I can supply my source files if anyone is interested...

      Thanks,
      Paco
    • Mark Birbeck
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hi Paco,

        It's probably best if you post the files, and then one of our guys can take
        a look early next week. If there is a bug then we would really want to fix
        this as quick as we can.

        Thanks.

        Mark

        Mark Birbeck
        CEO
        x-port.net Ltd.

        e: Mark.Birbeck@...
        t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
        w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/

        Download our XForms processor from
        http://www.formsPlayer.com/

      • pacovarch
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
          Hi Mark,
          Thanks for the quick response (on a Sunday no less!!!).
          Cheers,
          Paco

          This is the html, the problem as mentioned is the ref to the schema
          on the model element.

          xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
          xmlns:fp="urn:formsplayer.com">
          <head>
          <title>Foo</title>
          <!--<link href="fpstyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />-->
          body {
          margin: 10px;
          font: 10pt Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          background-color: #ffffff;
          }

          xf\:input
          {
          display: inline-block;
          font-weight: normal;
          }

          xf\:output {
          margin-top: -2px
          }

          .invalid {
          border:solid red 1px;
          }

          .valid xf\:alert {
          display: none;
          }
          .invalid xf\:alert {
          display: block;
          font-weight: normal;
          color: red;
          }

          xf\:label {
          font-size: x-small;
          width: 450px;
          }

          <object id="FP" classid="CLSID:4D0ABA11-C5F0-4478-991A-375C4B648F58"
          width="0" height="0"><b>Problem loading the FormsPlayer
          component</b></object>
          <?import namespace="xf" implementation="#FP"?>

          <!-- works... -->
          <xf:model id="mdlResponse" schema="sfa.xsd"
          functions="fp:HTMLserialise">

          <!-- doesn't work, results in a "quote missing" error on the
          schema...
          <xf:model id="mdlResponse" schema="#theSchema"
          functions="fp:HTMLserialise">
          -->

          <xsd:schema id="theSchema" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
          elementFormDefault="unqualified"
          <xsd:element name="SetFormAnswers">
          <xsd:complexType>
          <xsd:sequence>
          <xsd:element name="IHDCVA" nillable="true" minOccurs="1"
          type="xsd:boolean" />
          <xsd:element name="AgeAtDiagnosis" nillable="true" minOccurs="1">
          <xsd:simpleType>
          <xsd:restriction base="xsd:nonNegativeInteger">
          <xsd:minInclusive value="1" />
          <xsd:maxInclusive value="31" />
          </xsd:restriction>
          </xsd:simpleType>
          </xsd:element>
          <xsd:element name="LastAttendedClinic" nillable="true" minOccurs="1">
          <xsd:simpleType>
          <xsd:restriction base="xsd:gYearMonth">
          <xsd:minInclusive value="1973-09" />
          <xsd:maxInclusive value="2004-07" />
          </xsd:restriction>
          </xsd:simpleType>
          </xsd:element>
          </xsd:sequence>
          </xsd:complexType>
          </xsd:element>
          </xsd:schema>
          <xf:instance id="instResponse">
          <SetFormAnswers>
          <IHDCVA />
          <AgeAtDiagnosis />
          <LastAttendedClinic>2001-04</LastAttendedClinic>
          </SetFormAnswers>
          </xf:instance>
          <xf:submission id="submit" action="file:EnhQnnaireResult.xml"
          method="put" replace="none">
          <xf:message level="modal" ev:event="xforms-submit-done">The
          information has been saved...</xf:message>
          </xf:submission>
          <xf:bind nodeset="xf:instance('instResponse')/IHDCVA" />
          <xf:bind nodeset="xf:instance('instResponse')/AgeAtDiagnosis" />
          <xf:bind nodeset="xf:instance('instResponse')/LastAttendedClinic" />
          <xf:instance id="helper">
          <x><preventFinalDelete /></x>
          </xf:instance>
          <xf:bind id="bndPreventFinalDelete" nodeset="instance
          ('helper')/preventFinalDelete" relevant="count(instance
          ('instResponse')/FamilyHistory) > 1" />
          </xf:model>
          </head>
          <xf:xform>
          about your 'xxxxxx'.</b></p>
          <xf:select1 id="IHDCVA" incremental="false()" model="mdlResponse"
          ref="IHDCVA" appearance="full">
          <xf:label>Have you ever had any heart disease or a stroke?</xf:label>
          <xf:value></xf:value>
          <xf:alert>An alert was issued...</xf:alert>
          <xf:item>
          <xf:label>Yes</xf:label>
          <xf:value>1</xf:value>
          </xf:item>
          <xf:item>
          <xf:label>No</xf:label>
          <xf:value>0</xf:value>
          </xf:item>
          </xf:select1>
          model="mdlResponse" ref="AgeAtDiagnosis">
          <xf:label>What age were you when this condition was diagnosed?
          </xf:label>
          <xf:value></xf:value>
          <xf:alert>There is a problem with the information you provided for
          this question.</xf:alert>
          </xf:input>
          model="mdlResponse" ref="LastAttendedClinic">
          <xf:label>When did you last attend the doctor or clinic for a
          routine review of your condition?</xf:label>
          <xf:value>2001-04</xf:value>
          <xf:alert>An alert was issued...</xf:alert>
          </xf:input>
          style="width:80px">Submit</xf:label></xf:submit>
          </xf:xform>
          <xf:output value="fp:HTMLserialise(/)" class="debug">
          <xf:label>Instance data:</xf:label>
          </xf:output>

          // ///////////////////////////////////////////
          this is the external schema (sfa.xsd)

          <xsd:schema id="idGoesHere" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"

          --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Birbeck" <Mark.Birbeck@x>
          wrote:
          > Hi Paco,
          >
          > It's probably best if you post the files, and then one of our guys
          can take
          > a look early next week. If there is a bug then we would really
          want to fix
          > this as quick as we can.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Mark
          >

          > Mark Birbeck
          > CEO
          > x-port.net Ltd.
          >
          > e: Mark.Birbeck@x...
          > t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
          > w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/
          >
          > Download our XForms processor from
          > http://www.formsPlayer.com/

        • paul butcher
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
            This is a problem with Internet Explorer, in that it messes with any
            elements that it doesn't know to be xml before we get a chance to read
            them.

            A workaround for this is to place the xsd namespace declaration at the
            top of the document thus:

            xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
            xmlns:fp="urn:formsplayer.com"

            This will stop IE from removing the quotes from attributes it recognizes
            (such as ID) in the schema element.

            This will be fixed in a future release.

            Paul Butcher
            FormsPlayer Lead Programmer
            x-port.net Ltd.
            4 Pear Tree Court
            London
            EC1R 0DS

            Try our XForms plug-in for IE
            at http://www.FormsPlayer.com/

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
              Thanks, this workaround cures the problem. Unfortunately to use this
              I would have to rewrite the XSLT that generates the forms... As I'm
              lazy I'll continue to use the external schema references for
              prototyping and demos until a fix is released.

              Rgds,
              Paco

              --- In formsPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "paul butcher" <paul.butcher@x>