Problem using multipart forms

  • richcar58
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm using the formsPlayer IE plugin (version 1.0.1.1012) and I can't
      seem to get the XForms upload control to work. When I set
      <submission method="form-data-post">, the http request is recognized
      on the server as a multipart request, but there are no parts. When I
      set <submission method="multipart-post">, the http request is not
      recognized as a multipart request. In both cases, the request body
      always seems to be empty.

      I've been trying different combinations of submission method values,
      mediatypes, instance element data types, and input files. No luck so
      far. Maybe by looking at the XForms markup snippet below, someone
      can spot what I'm doing wrong.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      <head>
      <link href="theme/Master.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
      <title>Input Date from 1582 or Later</title>
      <xforms:model id="modelID">
      <xforms:instance>
      <uploadData>
      <filename>default.txt</filename>
      <attachment></attachment>
      </uploadData>
      </xforms:instance>
      <xforms:bind nodeset="attachment" type="xsd:anyURI"/>
      <xforms:submission id="s" action="/HXRTUploadTest/upload.do"
      separator="&" method="multipart-post"
      indent="true"/>
      </xforms:model>
      </head>
      <xforms:group>
      <xforms:upload id="uploadFile" ref="attachment"
      mediatype="image/*">
      <xforms:label>Select file</xforms:label>
      <xforms:filename ref="../filename"/>
      </xforms:upload>
      <xforms:submit
      submission="s"><xforms:label>Submit</xforms:label></xforms:submit>
      </xforms:group>
    • Richard Bidgood
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2004
        Hi Rich,

        Thanks for bring this to our attention. This problem has been identified as
        a bug and we are currently working on a fix for it. I'll keep you informed
        of progress. Once again thanks for you help.

        Regards

        Richard Bidgood

        Senior Developer
        x-port.net Ltd.