Re: [forms-dev] I have my own linked select form using my own Javascript and HTML

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008

      on 12/31/2007 04:22 PM nikos_101 said the following:
      > I have my own linked select form using my own Javascript and HTML. I use
      > static arrays for data. There is so much data that I would have to write
      > convert it to work with the data declarations that Manuels link- plugin
      > uses for example
      >
      > $continents=array(
      > ""=>"Select continent",
      > "na"=>"North America",
      > "eu"=>"Europe",
      > "sa"=>"South America",
      > "as"=>"Asia",
      > "oc"=>"Oceania"
      > );
      > $countries=array(
      > ""=>array(
      > ""=>"Select country",
      > ),
      > "na"=>array(
      > ""=>"Select country",
      > "us"=>"United States",
      > "ca"=>"Canada"
      > ),
      >
      > Is it relatively simple for me to write my own custom class so I could
      > use my own data?

      You can develop your own plug-ins to retrieve your data from wherever
      you want. The database variants do that. They just redefine a few
      functions of the base linked select plug-in and retrieve from for the
      options from database query results.

    • nikos_101
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2008
        Thanks Manuel for that.

        One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
        there can parameters in the input like this:

        "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
        "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,

        Could you explain briefly what these do?

        best regards
      • nikos_101
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2008
          --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "nikos_101" <nkatsikanis@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Manuel for that.
          >
          > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
          > there can parameters in the input like this:
          >
          > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
          > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
          >

          > Could you explain briefly what these do?
          >
          > best regards

          oh and I just wanted to add that I dont want to use

          AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
          > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,

          when I have a lot of data, because the form expands drastically :)
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008

            on 01/05/2008 08:11 PM nikos_101 said the following:
            > Thanks Manuel for that.
            >
            > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
            > there can parameters in the input like this:
            >
            > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
            > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
            >

            > Could you explain briefly what these do?

            That is explained in the documentation. It is to make the class adjust
            the width and height of the select input accroding to the number of
            entries that it will display.

            PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs
            http://www.phpclasses.org/professionals/

          • Nikos Katsikanis
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
              Thanks very much for that. I should have watched the videos twice :)

              On 11/01/2008, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

              Hello,

              on 01/05/2008 08:11 PM nikos_101 said the following:
              > Thanks Manuel for that.
              >
              > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
              > there can parameters in the input like this:
              >
              > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
              > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
              >

              > Could you explain briefly what these do?

              That is explained in the documentation. It is to make the class adjust
              the width and height of the select input accroding to the number of
              entries that it will display.

              PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs
              http://www.phpclasses.org/professionals/

              Nikos Katsikanis