I have my own linked select form using my own Javascript and HTML

  • nikos_101
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2007
      I have my own linked select form using my own Javascript and HTML. I use
      static arrays for data. There is so much data that I would have to write
      convert it to work with the data declarations that Manuels link- plugin
      uses for example

      $continents=array(
      ""=>"Select continent",
      "na"=>"North America",
      "eu"=>"Europe",
      "sa"=>"South America",
      "as"=>"Asia",
      "oc"=>"Oceania"
      );
      $countries=array(
      ""=>array(
      ""=>"Select country",
      ),
      "na"=>array(
      ""=>"Select country",
      "us"=>"United States",
      "ca"=>"Canada"
      ),

      Is it relatively simple for me to write my own custom class so I could
      use my own data?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008

        on 12/31/2007 04:22 PM nikos_101 said the following:
        > I have my own linked select form using my own Javascript and HTML. I use
        > static arrays for data. There is so much data that I would have to write
        > convert it to work with the data declarations that Manuels link- plugin
        > uses for example
        >
        > $continents=array(
        > ""=>"Select continent",
        > "na"=>"North America",
        > "eu"=>"Europe",
        > "sa"=>"South America",
        > "as"=>"Asia",
        > "oc"=>"Oceania"
        > );
        > $countries=array(
        > ""=>array(
        > ""=>"Select country",
        > ),
        > "na"=>array(
        > ""=>"Select country",
        > "us"=>"United States",
        > "ca"=>"Canada"
        > ),
        >
        > Is it relatively simple for me to write my own custom class so I could
        > use my own data?

        You can develop your own plug-ins to retrieve your data from wherever
        you want. The database variants do that. They just redefine a few
        functions of the base linked select plug-in and retrieve from for the
        options from database query results.

      • nikos_101
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2008
          Thanks Manuel for that.

          One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
          there can parameters in the input like this:

          "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
          "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,

          Could you explain briefly what these do?

          best regards
        • nikos_101
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2008
            --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "nikos_101" <nkatsikanis@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Manuel for that.
            >
            > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
            > there can parameters in the input like this:
            >
            > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
            > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
            >

            > Could you explain briefly what these do?
            >
            > best regards

            oh and I just wanted to add that I dont want to use

            AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
            > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,

            when I have a lot of data, because the form expands drastically :)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008

              on 01/05/2008 08:11 PM nikos_101 said the following:
              > Thanks Manuel for that.
              >
              > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
              > there can parameters in the input like this:
              >
              > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
              > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
              >

              > Could you explain briefly what these do?

              That is explained in the documentation. It is to make the class adjust
              the width and height of the select input accroding to the number of
              entries that it will display.

              PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs
              http://www.phpclasses.org/professionals/

            • Nikos Katsikanis
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
                Thanks very much for that. I should have watched the videos twice :)

                On 11/01/2008, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

                Hello,

                on 01/05/2008 08:11 PM nikos_101 said the following:
                > Thanks Manuel for that.
                >
                > One other thing, I noticed when you use the form_linked_select class
                > there can parameters in the input like this:
                >
                > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
                > "AutoHeightLimit"=>0,
                >

                > Could you explain briefly what these do?

                That is explained in the documentation. It is to make the class adjust
                the width and height of the select input accroding to the number of
                entries that it will display.

                PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs
                http://www.phpclasses.org/professionals/

                Nikos Katsikanis