Clients side and server side form validation in the same form

  • nikos_101
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi there, I am looking forward to discussions on this forum. To start
      with I wanted to ask if it was possible to do clients side and server
      side form validation in the same form. I think it should be ok, but it
      may be a bit complex. The reason it my forms are so big that I want the
      user experience to be a best as possible.

      I would do this with the ajax plugin. Say I wanted to have one field
      (username) be checked with AJAX (against a MySQL database) when the
      field loses focus and the rest are validated with JavaScript upon submit
      button press.

      It this a good way to do this, do any of you have any examples of such a
      php page?

      best regards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008

        on 12/31/2007 04:09 PM nikos_101 said the following:
        > Hi there, I am looking forward to discussions on this forum. To start
        > with I wanted to ask if it was possible to do clients side and server
        > side form validation in the same form. I think it should be ok, but it
        > may be a bit complex. The reason it my forms are so big that I want the
        > user experience to be a best as possible.
        >
        > I would do this with the ajax plugin. Say I wanted to have one field
        > (username) be checked with AJAX (against a MySQL database) when the
        > field loses focus and the rest are validated with JavaScript upon submit
        > button press.
        >
        > It this a good way to do this, do any of you have any examples of such a
        > php page?

        Yes, you can do that. You need to take a look at the test_ajax_form.php
        example.

      • nikos_101
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
          --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > on 12/31/2007 04:09 PM nikos_101 said the following:
          > > Hi there, I am looking forward to discussions on this forum. To start
          > > with I wanted to ask if it was possible to do clients side and server
          > > side form validation in the same form. I think it should be ok, but it
          > > may be a bit complex. The reason it my forms are so big that I
          want the
          > > user experience to be a best as possible.
          > >
          > > I would do this with the ajax plugin. Say I wanted to have one field
          > > (username) be checked with AJAX (against a MySQL database) when the
          > > field loses focus and the rest are validated with JavaScript upon
          submit
          > > button press.
          > >
          > > It this a good way to do this, do any of you have any examples of
          such a
          > > php page?
          >
          > Yes, you can do that. You need to take a look at the test_ajax_form.php
          > example.

          > http://www.metastorage.net/

          thanks for pointing that out

          regards