Re: Linked selection box

  • kurt_leyba
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12 12:47 AM
      Hi Manuel;

      I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
      problem is in the GetEventsActions.

      This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
      colon after each command.

      I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
      do to make the needed change.

      Maybe I'm totally wrong but again any help is greatly appreaciated,

      Thanks again,

      Kurt

      --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_leyba" <kurt_leyba@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Manuel;
      >
      > Thanks for replying;
      >
      > This is where is think the error is... See the onchange line...

      > onchange="p_PreformanceDay_switch_group(this.form
      > ['TheaterName'].options[this.form
      > ['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)
      > p_PreformanceDayNut_switch_group(this.form['TheaterName'].options
      > [this.form['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)"
      > id="TheaterName" size="1">
      > <option value="" selected="selected">Please choose a
      Theater</option>
      > <option value="BrowardCenter">Broward Center (Fort Lauderdale)
      > </option>
      > <option value="CarnivalCenter">Carnival Center (Miami)</option>
      > <option value="KravisCenter">Kravis Center (West Palm Beach)
      </option>
      > </select></td>
      >
      > In the onchange there are 2 selction box "PreformanceDay and
      > PreformanceDayNut" that need to populate based on the selection of
      > the "Theater Name".
      >
      > $form->AddInput(array(
      > "TYPE"=>"select",
      > "NAME"=>"TheaterName",
      > "ID"=>"TheaterName",
      > "VALUE"=>"",
      > "SIZE"=>1,
      > "OPTIONS"=>$TheaterNames,
      > "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
      > "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
      > choose a Theater.",
      > "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a Theater.",
      > "LABEL"=>"Select <u>T</u>heater",
      > "ACCESSKEY"=>"T"
      > ));
      >
      > $form->AddInput(array(
      > "TYPE"=>"custom",
      > "NAME"=>"PreformanceDay",
      > "ID"=>"PreformanceDay",
      > "VALUE"=>"",
      > "SIZE"=>1,
      > "CustomClass"=>"form_linked_select_class",
      > "Groups"=>$PreformanceDays,
      > "LinkedInput"=>"TheaterName",
      > "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
      > "AutoHeightLimit"=>1,
      > "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
      > "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
      > choose a preformance day.",
      > "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a
      > preformance day.",
      > "LABEL"=>"Select Pre<u>f</u>ormance Day",
      > "ACCESSKEY"=>"f"
      > ));
      >
      > Then I have an other AddInput for PreformanceDaysNut same as
      > PreformanceDays;
      >
      > When I comment one of them out each one works good. This is why I
      > think the porblem is in the onchange line.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > Kurt
      >

      > --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > on 09/10/2007 10:34 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
      > > > Hello;
      > > >
      > > > I'm trying to use the linked selection box... I want to get 2
      > > > differnt selection boxes (Preformance time and Seating
      Section)
      > > > pupulate based on the selection of 1 selction box.
      (Preformance

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14 3:08 PM

        on 09/12/2007 04:47 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
        > Hi Manuel;
        >
        > I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
        > problem is in the GetEventsActions.
        >
        > This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
        > colon after each command.
        >
        > I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
        > do to make the needed change.

        Yes, there was a bug in the forms class that was not making it not
        generate the necessary semi-colons in the event handling Javascript
        code. The bug is fixed now. I just commited the fix to the CVS
        repository. You may get the fixed version from here. Thank you for
        reporting.

        http://www.meta-language.net/cvs/~checkout~/forms/forms.php?rev=HEAD