Re: Linked selection box

  • kurt_leyba
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hi Manuel;

      Thanks for replying;

      This is where is think the error is... See the onchange line...

      onchange="p_PreformanceDay_switch_group(this.form
      ['TheaterName'].options[this.form
      ['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)
      p_PreformanceDayNut_switch_group(this.form['TheaterName'].options
      [this.form['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)"
      id="TheaterName" size="1">
      <option value="" selected="selected">Please choose a Theater</option>
      <option value="BrowardCenter">Broward Center (Fort Lauderdale)
      </option>
      <option value="CarnivalCenter">Carnival Center (Miami)</option>
      <option value="KravisCenter">Kravis Center (West Palm Beach)</option>
      </select></td>

      In the onchange there are 2 selction box "PreformanceDay and
      PreformanceDayNut" that need to populate based on the selection of
      the "Theater Name".

      $form->AddInput(array(
      "TYPE"=>"select",
      "NAME"=>"TheaterName",
      "ID"=>"TheaterName",
      "VALUE"=>"",
      "SIZE"=>1,
      "OPTIONS"=>$TheaterNames,
      "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
      "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
      choose a Theater.",
      "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a Theater.",
      "LABEL"=>"Select <u>T</u>heater",
      "ACCESSKEY"=>"T"
      ));

      $form->AddInput(array(
      "TYPE"=>"custom",
      "NAME"=>"PreformanceDay",
      "ID"=>"PreformanceDay",
      "VALUE"=>"",
      "SIZE"=>1,
      "CustomClass"=>"form_linked_select_class",
      "Groups"=>$PreformanceDays,
      "LinkedInput"=>"TheaterName",
      "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
      "AutoHeightLimit"=>1,
      "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
      "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
      choose a preformance day.",
      "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a
      preformance day.",
      "LABEL"=>"Select Pre<u>f</u>ormance Day",
      "ACCESSKEY"=>"f"
      ));

      Then I have an other AddInput for PreformanceDaysNut same as
      PreformanceDays;

      When I comment one of them out each one works good. This is why I
      think the porblem is in the onchange line.

      Thanks again,

      Kurt

      --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > on 09/10/2007 10:34 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
      > > Hello;
      > >
      > > I'm trying to use the linked selection box... I want to get 2
      > > differnt selection boxes (Preformance time and Seating Section)
      > > pupulate based on the selection of 1 selction box. (Preformance
      > > Theater). I noticed that the javascript gets errors when more
      then one
      > > item is linked. Is there a way to solve this?
      >
      > Can you please provide a minimal example that exhibits the problem
      so I
      > can understand what is wrong?

      > http://www.metastorage.net/

    • kurt_leyba
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2007
        Hi Manuel;

        I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
        problem is in the GetEventsActions.

        This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
        colon after each command.

        I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
        do to make the needed change.

        Maybe I'm totally wrong but again any help is greatly appreaciated,

        Thanks again,

        Kurt

        --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_leyba" <kurt_leyba@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007

          on 09/12/2007 04:47 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
          > Hi Manuel;
          >
          > I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
          > problem is in the GetEventsActions.
          >
          > This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
          > colon after each command.
          >
          > I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
          > do to make the needed change.

          Yes, there was a bug in the forms class that was not making it not
          generate the necessary semi-colons in the event handling Javascript
          code. The bug is fixed now. I just commited the fix to the CVS
          repository. You may get the fixed version from here. Thank you for
          reporting.

          http://www.meta-language.net/cvs/~checkout~/forms/forms.php?rev=HEAD