Linked selection box

  • kurt_leyba
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hello;

      I'm trying to use the linked selection box... I want to get 2
      differnt selection boxes (Preformance time and Seating Section) to
      pupulate based on the selection of 1 selction box. (Preformance
      Theater). I noticed that the javascript gets errors when more then one
      item is linked. Is there a way to solve this?

      Thanks!!!
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007

        on 09/10/2007 10:34 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
        > Hello;
        >
        > I'm trying to use the linked selection box... I want to get 2
        > differnt selection boxes (Preformance time and Seating Section) to
        > pupulate based on the selection of 1 selction box. (Preformance
        > Theater). I noticed that the javascript gets errors when more then one
        > item is linked. Is there a way to solve this?

        Can you please provide a minimal example that exhibits the problem so I
        can understand what is wrong?

      • kurt_leyba
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
          Hi Manuel;

          Thanks for replying;

          This is where is think the error is... See the onchange line...

          onchange="p_PreformanceDay_switch_group(this.form
          ['TheaterName'].options[this.form
          ['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)
          p_PreformanceDayNut_switch_group(this.form['TheaterName'].options
          [this.form['TheaterName'].selectedIndex].value,this.form)"
          id="TheaterName" size="1">
          <option value="" selected="selected">Please choose a Theater</option>
          <option value="BrowardCenter">Broward Center (Fort Lauderdale)
          </option>
          <option value="CarnivalCenter">Carnival Center (Miami)</option>
          <option value="KravisCenter">Kravis Center (West Palm Beach)</option>
          </select></td>

          In the onchange there are 2 selction box "PreformanceDay and
          PreformanceDayNut" that need to populate based on the selection of
          the "Theater Name".

          $form->AddInput(array(
          "TYPE"=>"select",
          "NAME"=>"TheaterName",
          "ID"=>"TheaterName",
          "VALUE"=>"",
          "SIZE"=>1,
          "OPTIONS"=>$TheaterNames,
          "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
          "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
          choose a Theater.",
          "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a Theater.",
          "LABEL"=>"Select <u>T</u>heater",
          "ACCESSKEY"=>"T"
          ));

          $form->AddInput(array(
          "TYPE"=>"custom",
          "NAME"=>"PreformanceDay",
          "ID"=>"PreformanceDay",
          "VALUE"=>"",
          "SIZE"=>1,
          "CustomClass"=>"form_linked_select_class",
          "Groups"=>$PreformanceDays,
          "LinkedInput"=>"TheaterName",
          "AutoWidthLimit"=>0,
          "AutoHeightLimit"=>1,
          "ValidateAsNotEmpty"=>1,
          "ValidateAsDifferentFromTextErrorMessage"=>"Please
          choose a preformance day.",
          "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"Please choose a
          preformance day.",
          "LABEL"=>"Select Pre<u>f</u>ormance Day",
          "ACCESSKEY"=>"f"
          ));

          Then I have an other AddInput for PreformanceDaysNut same as
          PreformanceDays;

          When I comment one of them out each one works good. This is why I
          think the porblem is in the onchange line.

          Thanks again,

          Kurt

          --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > on 09/10/2007 10:34 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
          > > Hello;
          > >
          > > I'm trying to use the linked selection box... I want to get 2
          > > differnt selection boxes (Preformance time and Seating Section)
          > > pupulate based on the selection of 1 selction box. (Preformance
          > > Theater). I noticed that the javascript gets errors when more
          then one
          > > item is linked. Is there a way to solve this?
          >
          > Can you please provide a minimal example that exhibits the problem
          so I
          > can understand what is wrong?

          > http://www.metastorage.net/

        • kurt_leyba
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2007
            Hi Manuel;

            I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
            problem is in the GetEventsActions.

            This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
            colon after each command.

            I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
            do to make the needed change.

            Maybe I'm totally wrong but again any help is greatly appreaciated,

            Thanks again,

            Kurt

            --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_leyba" <kurt_leyba@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007

              on 09/12/2007 04:47 AM kurt_leyba said the following:
              > Hi Manuel;
              >
              > I've been looking at the classes more carefuly and I think the
              > problem is in the GetEventsActions.
              >
              > This populates the onchange field but does not seem to put a semi-
              > colon after each command.
              >
              > I don;t completely understand this function so I don;t know what to
              > do to make the needed change.

              Yes, there was a bug in the forms class that was not making it not
              generate the necessary semi-colons in the event handling Javascript
              code. The bug is fixed now. I just commited the fix to the CVS
              repository. You may get the fixed version from here. Thank you for
              reporting.

              http://www.meta-language.net/cvs/~checkout~/forms/forms.php?rev=HEAD