Re: New features, plug-ins and video requests

  • Shekar C. Reddy
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 17, 2007
      Also, it is similar to ValidateMinimumLength/ValidateMaximumLength
      validation rules.

      Thanks,

      --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "Shekar C. Reddy" <zendfw@...>

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 21, 2007

        on 03/13/2007 02:51 AM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
        > Manuel,
        >
        > I guess there is a glitch in the calculation of aging:
        >
        > templates/form_password_body.html.php (995 days ago) (2004-06-
        > 20T22:06:53Z)
        > Age in days: 995
        > templates_c/.htaccess ( >>> 1 day ago <<< ) (2004-02-26T05:02:51Z)
        > Age in days: 1,111

        That bug is fixed. Thank you for reporting.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 21, 2007

          on 03/16/2007 08:31 PM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
          > I beg to differ on this - partly and also mainly because its not a
          > client action, just a validation. Restricting the number of options
          > selected is very similar/related to the ValidateAsSet rule that
          > requires at least one option selected. I guess it may take a very
          > few lines of code to implement it for SELECT inputs in the forms
          > class. If the select input has the MULTIPLE flag specified,
          > ValidateMininumSelected/ValidateMaximumSelected could be allowed to
          > be specified. However, for checkboxes (which may be more complex and
          > need more lines of code), we shall take care of the validation at
          > our end.
          >
          > We hope you would consider implementing this validation rule for
          > SELECT inputs inside the forms class...

          Please understand that the main forms class is already too large.
          Avoiding to include more code in the main forms to implement features
          that are not used in most of the cases, is very important.

          I am not saying that it will not be done. I am just saying that it
          should be done with a separate plug-in.

          I do not have time to do it right now. Maybe I will do it in a future
          version.

          Meanwhile, you can go ahead and implement it yourself, using the custom
          validation example plug-in as basis to implement that kind of validation.

          This way nobody will be stuck depending on when I will ever have time to
          do it myself. I hope you understand.