Enter key does not populate submit button into POST

  • Shekar C. Reddy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2006
      Manuel,

      I've just noticed clicking the submit button populates the submit
      button into $_POST but pressing the Enter key does not. Is this the
      default behavior or am I missing something terribly simple? How do I
      get the submit input to populate into $_POST on pressing the Enter key?

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
        Hello,

        on 11/13/2006 05:09 AM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
        > I've just noticed clicking the submit button populates the submit
        > button into $_POST but pressing the Enter key does not. Is this the
        > default behavior or am I missing something terribly simple? How do I
        > get the submit input to populate into $_POST on pressing the Enter key?

        Yes, the submit button only appears in request variables when it is
        effectively used.

      • Shekar C. Reddy
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
          Manuel,

          Thanks for clearing that up!

          Is there any JavaScript magic I could use to force the default
          submit button into request vars? Form-onsubmit for instance, but I'm
          not really comfortable with JavaScript :(

          I understand this is off-topic.

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2007
            Hello,

            on 11/13/2006 08:36 PM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
            > Is there any JavaScript magic I could use to force the default
            > submit button into request vars? Form-onsubmit for instance, but I'm
            > not really comfortable with JavaScript :(

            You can use the Click Action of a submit input button to emulate a click
            on the submit button. Take a look at the test_linked_select.php example
            script.