Re: Back to Basics: Forms Class for Ultra-Beginners

  • Gary Rametta
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, <operationsengineer1@...> wrote:

      > ...i have a very simple form that uses Manuel's class and
      > adodb.
      >
      > i will adapt it to an example and post it for your
      > review - that will tell you more than anyone could
      > explain in a short time.
      >
      > as an overview, though, i use a logic page
      > (logic.php). it then pulls a frame template page
      > (frame_logic.tpl.php) which consists of the display
      > information (mostly html and css, but some php for
      > display purposes). the frame then includes the
      > appropriate form.
      >
      > logic.php defines some constants/variables and calls
      > frame_logic.tpl.php which, in turn, calls the correct
      > form elements to display (and some cool javascript
      > that will put focus in the first form element).
      >
      > it will make more sense when i post the code. i will
      > keep it very simple so you can focus on the basic
      > process and not the trivial details.
      >
      > i might need a day or two to get it completed, though.

      Wow, thanks a million for the offer and your insights. If you have the
      time to work out an example and post the code, I will gladly apply
      myself and learn how to use it. Not being a programmer, I've been able
      to learn what I have only by studying the work of others and adapting
      it to meet my needs. The generosity of those who make their work and
      ideas available to others is humbling and very much appreciated.

      Thanks again,
      Gary