Re: [forms-dev] SetSelectOptions Error

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006

      on 04/06/2006 09:53 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
      > basically, i'm looking for the select version of
      > SetCheckedState. Specifically, for drop down boxes
      > (not scroll boxes). i almost got the effect i wanted
      > by setting MULTIPLE+>1, SELECTED=>[my highlight array}
      > and SIZE=>1.
      >
      > there were two problems, though.
      >
      > 1. the single sized select box was a scroll box, not a
      > drop down box. these are very unintuitive.

      This is an HTML issue, nothing specific about the forms class.

      Use the SIZE attribute to tell it to show only 1 entry at a time.

      It will not show as a drop down because these are used only for single
      select entries. Multiple select entries always show as scroll box.

      > 2. the highlighted item did not show up in the single
      > sized viewer. one had to scroll to get to it.
      >
      > is this functionality possible?
      >
      > if not, can you suggest a method to work around it?

      I don't think there is a way to control that.