Re: [forms-dev] ValidateRegularExpression Client Side Validation Question

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006

      on 03/08/2006 11:20 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
      > does ValidateRegularExpression validate on the client
      > side? when i use it an dforce an error, javascript
      > doesn't kick out an error. the server does catch it
      > and assign an error value.
      >
      > is this expected?
      >
      > when i force a failure for ValidateAsSet, the
      > javascript fires and puts up a message box. iow, my
      > javascript isn't off. ;-)

      If you have Javascript errors, nothing else depending on Javascript
      works. Enable seeing Javascript errors in your browser to see the problem.

    • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006

        > on 03/08/2006 11:20 PM operationsengineer1@...
        > said the following:
        > > does ValidateRegularExpression validate on the
        > client
        > > side? when i use it an dforce an error,
        > javascript
        > > doesn't kick out an error. the server does catch
        > it
        > > and assign an error value.
        > >
        > > is this expected?
        > >
        > > when i force a failure for ValidateAsSet, the
        > > javascript fires and puts up a message box. iow,
        > my
        > > javascript isn't off. ;-)
        >
        > If you have Javascript errors, nothing else
        > depending on Javascript
        > works. Enable seeing Javascript errors in your
        > browser to see the problem.

        hi Manuel,

        i enabled JS errors and found the following:

        Error: theform.inter_netmask_1 has no properties
        Source File: http://test.php
        Line: 14

        i get this error even though i have

        'ValidateRegularExpression'=>'([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})',
        'ValidateRegularExpressionErrorMessage'=>'you must
        enter a valid netmask address.',

        called out in AddInput array.

        the server picks up the error, but the JS doesn't.

        tia...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006

          on 03/09/2006 10:13 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
          > i enabled JS errors and found the following:
          >
          > Error: theform.inter_netmask_1 has no properties
          > Source File: http://test.php
          > Line: 14

          I need to see the whole page to understand why you are having this
          error. Can you make it available online?

          > i get this error even though i have
          >
          > 'ValidateRegularExpression'=>'([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})',
          > 'ValidateRegularExpressionErrorMessage'=>'you must
          > enter a valid netmask address.',
          >
          > called out in AddInput array.
          >
          > the server picks up the error, but the JS doesn't.

          As I said, when a Javascript error occurs, the browser stops executing
          all Javascript and the form gets submitted without validating the fields.