Re: [forms-dev] call function from inside forms class

  • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2005
      --- operationsengineer1@... wrote:
      > Manuel,
      >
      > how can i call a function inside of your class? i
      > want to call a simple date function, but i can't
      > figure out how to get it done.
      >
      > i tried loading in your form_date.php, but it hung
      > up
      > my system indefinitely. i tried to load the home
      > page
      > in a new browser and i get a blank screen.
      >
      > any advice would be appreciated.
      >
      > tia...

      manuel, it makes sense to use the date_form.php plugin
      you have developed, but when i add...

      include("common/form_date.php");

      or

      require("common/form_date.php");

      my system returns a blank screen.

      include("common/forms.php");

      works fine, but when i try and include the
      form_date.php class... something breaks -> blank
      screen is returned. my system doesn't want to report
      onscreen errors... let me see if i can dig up what
      the specific error is and report back.

      should i be doing something else beside just trying to
      include form_date.php and the scripting the relevant
      code?

      includ

    • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2005
        > manuel, it makes sense to use the date_form.php
        > plugin
        > you have developed, but when i add...
        >
        > include("common/form_date.php");
        >
        > or
        >
        > require("common/form_date.php");
        >
        > my system returns a blank screen.
        >
        > include("common/forms.php");
        >
        > works fine, but when i try and include the
        > form_date.php class... something breaks -> blank
        > screen is returned. my system doesn't want to
        > report
        > onscreen errors... let me see if i can dig up what
        > the specific error is and report back.
        >
        > should i be doing something else beside just trying
        > include form_date.php and the scripting the relevant
        > code?

        Manuel, OK, i uploaded the code to my production
        server and received the following error...

        Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class form_date_class in
        /home/[directory_path]/form_date.php on line 8.

        line 8 reads...

        class form_date_class extends form_custom_class

        any advice would be appreciated to avoid this problem
        w/b appreciated.

        tia...

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2005

          on 03/24/2005 01:55 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
          >>manuel, it makes sense to use the date_form.php
          >>plugin
          >>you have developed, but when i add...
          >>
          >>include("common/form_date.php");
          >>
          >>or
          >>
          >>require("common/form_date.php");
          >>
          >>my system returns a blank screen.
          >>
          >>include("common/forms.php");
          >>
          >>works fine, but when i try and include the
          >>form_date.php class... something breaks -> blank
          >>screen is returned. my system doesn't want to
          >>report
          >>onscreen errors... let me see if i can dig up what
          >>the specific error is and report back.
          >>
          >>should i be doing something else beside just trying
          >>include form_date.php and the scripting the relevant
          >>code?
          >>

          > Manuel, OK, i uploaded the code to my production
          > server and received the following error...
          >
          > Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class form_date_class in
          > /home/[directory_path]/form_date.php on line 8.
          >
          > line 8 reads...
          >
          > class form_date_class extends form_custom_class
          >
          > any advice would be appreciated to avoid this problem
          > w/b appreciated.

          This means that you are including the form_date.php twice in your script.

          http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/