form questions

  • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2005
      is there a simple way to populate a dropdown box with
      database entries? i think i'd need to run the query,
      assign the results to variables and then populate the
      dropdown box with variables. is this accurate?

      can anyone give a quick example using the form class
      nomenclature or direct me to a link that has an
      example?

      also, how can i control the length of my text input
      boxes. it seems they have their own default length,
      regardless of the maxlength spec.

      i have a textarea. how can i control it? for
      example, it scrolls vertically in IE and horizontally
      in FF. i'd like it to scroll vertically in both
      browsers and would also like to be able to control its
      size.

      tia...

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2005

        on 02/24/2005 07:36 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
        > is there a simple way to populate a dropdown box with
        > database entries? i think i'd need to run the query,
        > assign the results to variables and then populate the
        > dropdown box with variables. is this accurate?
        >
        > can anyone give a quick example using the form class
        > nomenclature or direct me to a link that has an
        > example?
        >
        > also, how can i control the length of my text input
        > boxes. it seems they have their own default length,
        > regardless of the maxlength spec.
        >
        > i have a textarea. how can i control it? for
        > example, it scrolls vertically in IE and horizontally
        > in FF. i'd like it to scroll vertically in both
        > browsers and would also like to be able to control its
        > size.

        I have explained that in a message sent not very long time ago. Here is
        the message:

        http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/

      • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
          > > also, how can i control the length of my text
          > input
          > > boxes. it seems they have their own default
          > length,
          > > regardless of the maxlength spec.
          > >
          > > i have a textarea. how can i control it? for
          > > example, it scrolls vertically in IE and
          > horizontally
          > > in FF. i'd like it to scroll vertically in both
          > > browsers and would also like to be able to control
          > its
          > > size.

          Manuel, thanks for the drop down box from a db
          example.

          however, the above wasn't addressed - i probably
          should've put it in a second post.

          is the above possible? can i control the properties
          of the text boxes, the textarea boxes, etc?

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005

            on 02/28/2005 04:32 AM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
            >>>also, how can i control the length of my text
            >>input
            >>>boxes. it seems they have their own default
            >>length,
            >>>regardless of the maxlength spec.

            The visible length attribute is SIZE. MAXLENGTH is the limit of the text
            in the field including any text that may not be visible.

            >>>i have a textarea. how can i control it? for
            >>>example, it scrolls vertically in IE and
            >>horizontally
            >>>in FF. i'd like it to scroll vertically in both
            >>>browsers and would also like to be able to control
            >>its
            >>>size.

            The scroll bars are automatic. It depends on how many lines and columns
            you have and what you have specified in the ROWS and COLS attributes.

            > is the above possible? can i control the properties
            > of the text boxes, the textarea boxes, etc?

            You can do anything that is possible in HTML.

            http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/