Test_Smarty_Form.php does not render in the browser

  • Shekar C. Reddy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 27, 2006
      Manuel,

      I'm trying to run the 'test_smarty_form.php' but it does not load in
      the browser (IE) and there are no errors - just a blank page. However,
      I use a PHP editor and in the debugging mode, it generates all the
      HTML for the file successfully - including javascript. But I'm not
      able to load the file using a browser. I reduced the code down to
      user_name, email and password fields but still, it does nothing in the
      browser. What could be the problem? Is there an update?

      Please help...

      ---
      PowerObject!
    • Shekar C. Reddy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 27, 2006
        This is all it is generating in the browser when I do View Source
        (no body content!):

        <HTML><HEAD>
        <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-
        1252"></HEAD>
        <BODY></BODY></HTML>

        But I get full-source when I run it in the debugger.

        --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, "Shekar C. Reddy"
        <powerobject@y...> wrote:

        > Manuel,
        >
        > I'm trying to run the 'test_smarty_form.php' but it does not load
        in
        > the browser (IE) and there are no errors - just a blank page.
        However,
        > I use a PHP editor and in the debugging mode, it generates all the
        > HTML for the file successfully - including javascript. But I'm not
        > able to load the file using a browser. I reduced the code down to
        > user_name, email and password fields but still, it does nothing in
        the
        > browser. What could be the problem? Is there an update?
        >
        > Please help...
        >
        > ---
        > PowerObject!
      • Shekar C. Reddy
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 27, 2006
          All other test*.php files do work in the browser except the
          test_smarty_form.php.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 28, 2006

            on 01/27/2006 10:40 PM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
            > This is all it is generating in the browser when I do View Source
            > (no body content!):

            > <HTML><HEAD>
            > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-
            > 1252"></HEAD>
            > <BODY></BODY></HTML>
            >

            > But I get full-source when I run it in the debugger.

            I think you are running into a fatal PHP error probably cause by missing
            Smarty files.

            If you can use a debugger, try single stepping to see where it fails.

          • Shekar C. Reddy
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2006
              It runs very well in the debugger generating all the source which is
              why I'm having problem. If it failed to generate in the debugger, I
              could have located the problem. But it fails in the browser - not in
              the debugger. My Smarty setup is uptodate and ok as it works with
              other applications without a problem. It works with this file too -
              only in the debugger. It runs in the debugger without generating any
              errors. Here is the debug-output:

              Debug session started.
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 470 - Assigning
              the return value of new by reference is deprecated
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 547 - Assigning
              the return value of new by reference is deprecated
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 924 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 930 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 937 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 946 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 952 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 958 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 965 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 975 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 981 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 987 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 1004 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\DB.php line 1124 - Assigning
              the return value of new by reference is deprecated
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 95 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 103 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 112 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 121 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 129 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 137 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 777 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 778 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 779 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 780 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 781 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 782 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\PEAR\PEAR.php line 783 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 75 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 82 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 89 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 96 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 105 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 112 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 120 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 131 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 141 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 149 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 160 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 167 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 178 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 188 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 202 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 212 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 221 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 229 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 248 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 255 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 262 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 271 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 281 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 291 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 301 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 310 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 324 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 331 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 338 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 347 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 354 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 362 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 368 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 377 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 385 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 392 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 399 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 411 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 418 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 425 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 432 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 439 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 446 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 453 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 460 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 467 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 474 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 481 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 488 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 495 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 502 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 509 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 516 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 523 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 530 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 547 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 554 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 562 -
              var: Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 27 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 28 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 29 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 30 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 31 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 32 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 33 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 34 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 36 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 37 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 38 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 286 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 287 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 288 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 289 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 290 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 291 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 292 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 293 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 294 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 295 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 296 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 297 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 298 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 299 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 300 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 301 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 302 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 303 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 304 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 305 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 306 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 307 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 308 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 309 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 310 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 311 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 312 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 313 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 314 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 315 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 316 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 317 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 318 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 319 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 320 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 321 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 322 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 323 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 324 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 325 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 326 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 327 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 328 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 329 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 330 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 331 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 332 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug Strict (PHP 5): c:\web\core\include\forms.php line 333 - var:
              Deprecated. Please use the public/private/protected modifiers
              Debug session ended.

              As you can see from the above debug-output, there are absolutely no
              errors. What could possibly be the reason that it generates source
              through the debugger but not when launched with a browser? Any
              browser incompatibilities?

              --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@a...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > on 01/27/2006 10:40 PM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
              > > This is all it is generating in the browser when I do View
              Source
              > > (no body content!):
              > >
              > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
              > > <HTML><HEAD>
              > > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
              charset=windows-
              > > 1252"></HEAD>
              > > <BODY></BODY></HTML>
              > >

              > > But I get full-source when I run it in the debugger.
              >
              > I think you are running into a fatal PHP error probably cause by
              missing
              > Smarty files.
              >
              > If you can use a debugger, try single stepping to see where it
              fails.

              > http://www.metastorage.net/

            • Shekar C. Reddy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2006
                I've tried running it in the debugger line-by-line but found nothing
                that stopped it from generating the HTML. The strange thing is that
                it does work while running in the debugger. The problem arises when
                run using a browser. Can someone try test_smarty_form.php on their
                machine using a browser?

                <powerobject@y...> wrote:

> [...]

                > > > (no body content!):
                > > >
                > > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
                > > > <HTML><HEAD>
                > > > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
                > charset=windows-
                > > > 1252"></HEAD>
                > > > <BODY></BODY></HTML>
                > > >

                > > > But I get full-source when I run it in the debugger.
                > >
                > > I think you are running into a fatal PHP error probably cause by
                > missing
                > > Smarty files.
                > >
                > > If you can use a debugger, try single stepping to see where it
                > fails.
                > >
                > > --
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > > Manuel Lemos
                > >
                > > Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator
                > > http://www.metastorage.net/
                > >
                > > PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP

              • Shekar C. Reddy
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
                  I ran it in the debugger again and noticed that it is losing the
                  content (when run in a browser) that gets assigned to Smarty which
                  is why the View Source lists only:

                  <HTML>
                  <HEAD>
                  <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-
                  1252">
                  </HEAD>
                  <BODY>
                  </BODY>
                  </HTML>

                  The content between the <body></body> comprises of the mypage.tpl
                  (header.tpl, $form, footer.tpl):

                  $smarty->assign( 'form', FormCaptureOutput( self::$form, array
                  ( 'EndOfLine' => "\n" )));
                  $smarty->display( 'mypage.tpl' );

                  but all of this is lost when run using a browser. But strangely, it
                  works in the debugger.

                  Please do let me know a solution for this as I am desperate. Can
                  somebody please try it on their localhost and let me know?

                  Thanks,

                  <powerobject@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > through the debugger but not when launched with a browser? Any
                  > > browser incompatibilities?
                  > >

                  > > --- In forms-dev@yahoogroups.com, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@a...>
                  wrote:

                  > > Source

                  Transitional//EN">
                  > > charset=windows-

                  > > > I think you are running into a fatal PHP error probably cause
                  by
                  > > missing
                  > > > Smarty files.
                  > > >
                  > > > If you can use a debugger, try single stepping to see where it
                  > > fails.
                  > > >
                  > > > --
                  > > >
                  > > > Regards,
                  > > > Manuel Lemos
                  > > >
                  > > > Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator
                  > > > http://www.metastorage.net/
                  > > >
                  > > > PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
                • Shekar C. Reddy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
                    I guess I may have located the problem area:

                    The <base> tag seems to be causing the trouble. When I copy the php
                    file into the document-root, it's generating/rendering content in
                    the browser. When launched from a subfolder, it seems to be not
                    silently. But for some reason, my debugger is apparently forgiving
                    in that it is generating/rendering content from either places.

                    However, I've tested a small test.php (not: test_smarty_form.php).
                    Shall research more into this...

                    Thanks,

                    ---
                    PowerObject!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006

                      on 01/29/2006 04:32 PM Shekar C. Reddy said the following:
                      > I've tried running it in the debugger line-by-line but found nothing
                      > that stopped it from generating the HTML. The strange thing is that
                      > it does work while running in the debugger. The problem arises when
                      > run using a browser. Can someone try test_smarty_form.php on their
                      > machine using a browser?

                      Opening a PHP script file directly in the browser will not make the PHP
                      script be interpreted. Obviously you need to make the script be executed
                      by your Web server, or else you only see the actual script as it it was
                      an HTML page.

                      Some debuggers like Zend Studio let you execute the script directly
                      because in reality thy run the PHP CGI version to single step the scripts.