Linked Select Special Case

  • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2006
      hi Manuel,

      i would appreciate any insight you may have in solving
      the the following link problem:

      select 1: assembly number (static - data is the same,
      assuming no db updates)
      select 2: inspection area (static)
      select 3: s/ns not yet tested and passed (s/ns depend
      on BOTH assembly number AND inspection area)

      for example, assembly number 1 might have 5 s/ns
      (1-5). s/ns 1 and 2 have past the 1st inspection, but
      not the 2nd inspection. s/ns 3-5 have passed nothing.

      i'm thinking ajax might be best for this. i guess my
      other option is to use a query to build an array for
      all possible scenarios (this is different, though,
      since the last time select 2 relied on select 1 and
      select 3 relied on select 2). i guess i can figure it
      out if need be.

      anyway, i'd appreciate you insight on the best way to
      tackle this issue.

      tia...

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2006

        on 01/10/2006 03:46 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
        > select 1: assembly number (static - data is the same,
        > assuming no db updates)
        > select 2: inspection area (static)
        > select 3: s/ns not yet tested and passed (s/ns depend
        > on BOTH assembly number AND inspection area)
        >
        > for example, assembly number 1 might have 5 s/ns
        > (1-5). s/ns 1 and 2 have past the 1st inspection, but
        > not the 2nd inspection. s/ns 3-5 have passed nothing.
        >
        > i'm thinking ajax might be best for this. i guess my
        > other option is to use a query to build an array for
        > all possible scenarios (this is different, though,
        > since the last time select 2 relied on select 1 and
        > select 3 relied on select 2). i guess i can figure it
        > out if need be.

        Currently the linked select input only supports picking the options
        groups from one other input. The class would need to be improved to
        support more than one linked input.