CAPTCHA questions

  • idiroddi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      Can the CAPTCHA plugin use different fonts or distorted text?

      Also, I am getting the following validation warnings for DTD XHTML 1.0
      Transitional:

      "Warning: <input> ID '__captcha_validation' uses XML ID syntax'
      "Warning: <input> ID '__captcha_text' uses XML ID syntax"

      Is there a way to avoid these warnings?

      Thanks again for this great class!
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005
        Hello,

        on 12/04/2005 01:05 AM idiroddi said the following:
        > Can the CAPTCHA plugin use different fonts or distorted text?

        You can open any GD font you want to use and pass the font handle to the
        input plug-in using the Font attribute.

        It does not render fonts distorted in any way, but you can create a
        sub-class of the form_custom_class and override the DrawText function to
        render the text in any way you want.

        > Also, I am getting the following validation warnings for DTD XHTML 1.0
        > Transitional:
        >
        > "Warning: <input> ID '__captcha_validation' uses XML ID syntax'
        > "Warning: <input> ID '__captcha_text' uses XML ID syntax"
        >
        > Is there a way to avoid these warnings?

        I was not aware that names starting with _ could not be used in XHTML. I
        am going to change the class to use another character and release it soon.