html slider

  • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16 1:34 PM
      Manuel,

      if you ever get bored and just can't stand not having
      some php to code, an html slider would be pretty cool.
      :-)

      i'm thinking the layout may look nice with a label, a
      value text box and the then the slider to the right
      (all ligned up horizontally - some folks may have a
      desire for a vertical slider). the slider would move
      between min and max values in increments defined by
      the programmer. the current value would display in
      the display text box.

      i've found a lot of sliders, but they tend to only
      work with internet explorer. of course, browser
      compatibility would be nice.

      i just thought i'd toss that out. i really appreciate
      all your efforts to date.

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16 3:14 PM

        on 09/16/2005 05:34 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
        > if you ever get bored and just can't stand not having
        > some php to code, an html slider would be pretty cool.
        > :-)
        >
        > i'm thinking the layout may look nice with a label, a
        > value text box and the then the slider to the right
        > (all ligned up horizontally - some folks may have a
        > desire for a vertical slider). the slider would move
        > between min and max values in increments defined by
        > the programmer. the current value would display in
        > the display text box.
        >
        > i've found a lot of sliders, but they tend to only
        > work with internet explorer. of course, browser
        > compatibility would be nice.
        >
        > i just thought i'd toss that out. i really appreciate
        > all your efforts to date.

        Suddenly I do not see how to implement that in a way that works with all
        browsers. Maybe something with iframe!?

        http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/

      • operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16 4:02 PM
          --- Manuel Lemos <mlemos@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > on 09/16/2005 05:34 PM operationsengineer1@...
          > said the following:
          > > if you ever get bored and just can't stand not
          > having
          > > some php to code, an html slider would be pretty
          > cool.
          > > :-)
          > >
          > > i'm thinking the layout may look nice with a
          > label, a
          > > value text box and the then the slider to the
          > right
          > > (all ligned up horizontally - some folks may have
          > > desire for a vertical slider). the slider would
          > move
          > > between min and max values in increments defined
          > by
          > > the programmer. the current value would display
          > in
          > > the display text box.
          > >
          > > i've found a lot of sliders, but they tend to only
          > > work with internet explorer. of course, browser
          > > compatibility would be nice.
          > >
          > > i just thought i'd toss that out. i really
          > appreciate
          > > all your efforts to date.
          >
          > Suddenly I do not see how to implement that in a way
          > that works with all
          > browsers. Maybe something with iframe!?

          which brosers cause you the most problems? is a
          firefox and ie compatible version doable? in theory,
          it would be nice to have netscape, opera, etc.
          support, but i don't see my customers using anything
          except ie and firefox - and i'll be stepping on toes
          to get firefox to be the browser of choice.

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21 1:07 PM

            on 09/16/2005 08:02 PM operationsengineer1@... said the following:
            >>> i just thought i'd toss that out. i really
            >> appreciate
            >>> all your efforts to date.
            >> Suddenly I do not see how to implement that in a way
            >> that works with all
            >> browsers. Maybe something with iframe!?
            >
            > which brosers cause you the most problems? is a
            > firefox and ie compatible version doable? in theory,
            > it would be nice to have netscape, opera, etc.
            > support, but i don't see my customers using anything
            > except ie and firefox - and i'll be stepping on toes
            > to get firefox to be the browser of choice.

            I am just talking in abstract. I don't know what would be the most
            compatible strategy to implement this.

            Maybe an iframe could be used and change the scroll position offset with
            Javascript to make it change upon user clicking events.

            You may want to take a look at the forms class manual in the section of
            new custom input classes, so you can try developing a custom input like
            what you want so it would work integrated with the class.

            http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/