crime scene management

  • kemal coban
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      I am studying on crime scene management. I need some advice, especially a book about this subject. ý wiil be very happy if you inform me.

    • Ernie Hamm
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
        I have known EJ for a number of years and you can be assured that
        she has a PASSION for the historical aspects of forensics and crime
        investigation. She also thoroughly researches material for factual
        events and information, not merely accepting anecdotal accounts or
        references. I am looking forward to reading her book and especially
        seeing how she has woven the material into the world of our most
        famous (and her most favorite) detective, Sherlock Holmes.

        Congratulations, EJ!!

        Ernie Hamm

        --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, E. J Wagner <ejwagner@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I'm new to the list. I am a crime historian from Long Island New
        York.

        > Happy to announce the Fifth annual Forensic Forum at Stony Brook
        > University will be presented
        > on Sunday, April 2. Guest speaker is Don Doller of the Suffolk
        County
        > Crime Lab.
        >
        > "The Science of Sherlock Holmes", a book about the history of
        forensic
        > science, was published this week by John Wiley & Sons, and is
        available
        > at Amazon, Wiley, and bookstores.
        >
        > Details of all these are just a click away.
        > Thanks,
        > EJ
        >
        > - - - - - -
        > for information on:
        > E.J.'s book, The Science of Sherlock Holmes (John Wiley & Sons)
        click
        > on -
        > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/SSHbook01.html
        >
        > Fifth Forensic Forum at Stony Brook University, click on -
        > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/ForensicForum5PR.html
        >
        > for E.J.'s Web site, click on
        > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/
        > (also, mirrored at http://home.att.net/~ejwagner/ ) - updated 8
        March
        > 2006

      • nonarevers
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
          Conan Doyle was an excellent detective also

          http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/edalji.bcc

          "The police appear to have dedicated most of their effort to proving
          that George Edalji was the guilty culprit instead of trying to find
          the real culprit. When the incident occurred, the police went straight
          to George Edalji's house from the field where the injured animal was
          found before carrying out any other investigation."

          Nothing has changed in 100 years.

          What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
          and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
          http://www.oldbury.chat.ru/dnapr.htm
          or nutteingd in a search engine.

          --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, "Ernie Hamm" <erniehamm@...>
          wrote:

          > I have known EJ for a number of years and you can be assured that
          > she has a PASSION for the historical aspects of forensics and crime
          > investigation. She also thoroughly researches material for factual
          > events and information, not merely accepting anecdotal accounts or
          > references. I am looking forward to reading her book and especially
          > seeing how she has woven the material into the world of our most
          > famous (and her most favorite) detective, Sherlock Holmes.
          >
          > Congratulations, EJ!!
          >
          > Ernie Hamm
          >
          > --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, E. J Wagner <ejwagner@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > > I'm new to the list. I am a crime historian from Long Island New
          > York.
          > >
          > > Happy to announce the Fifth annual Forensic Forum at Stony Brook
          > > University will be presented
          > > on Sunday, April 2. Guest speaker is Don Doller of the Suffolk
          > County
          > > Crime Lab.
          > >
          > > "The Science of Sherlock Holmes", a book about the history of
          > forensic
          > > science, was published this week by John Wiley & Sons, and is
          > available
          > > at Amazon, Wiley, and bookstores.
          > >
          > > Details of all these are just a click away.
          > > Thanks,
          > > EJ
          > >
          > > - - - - - -
          > > for information on:
          > > E.J.'s book, The Science of Sherlock Holmes (John Wiley & Sons)
          > click
          > > on -
          > > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/SSHbook01.html
          > >
          > > Fifth Forensic Forum at Stony Brook University, click on -
          > > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/ForensicForum5PR.html
          > >
          > > for E.J.'s Web site, click on
          > > http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/
          > > (also, mirrored at http://home.att.net/~ejwagner/ ) - updated 8
          > March
          > > 2006

        • E. J Wagner
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
            My profound thanks to Ernie and John Houde for their kind words and
            support.
            BTW the Wiley site, included on the book info below my signature,
            includes url for sample chapter
            EJ
            On Saturday, April 1, 2006, at 09:16 PM, Ernie Hamm wrote:

            > I have known EJ for a number of years and you can be assured that
            > she has a PASSION for the historical aspects of forensics and crime
            > investigation. She also thoroughly researches material for factual
            > events and information, not merely accepting anecdotal accounts or
            > references. I am looking forward to reading her book and especially
            > seeing how she has woven the material into the world of our most
            > famous (and her most favorite) detective, Sherlock Holmes.
            >
            > Congratulations, EJ!!
            >
            > Ernie Hamm

            - - - - - -
            for information on:
            E.J.’s book, The Science of Sherlock Holmes (John Wiley & Sons) click
            on -
            http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/SSHbook01.html

            Ffor E.J.’s Web site, click on
            http://www.forensic.to/webhome/ejwagner/
            (also, mirrored at http://home.att.net/~ejwagner/ ) - updated 8 March
            2006
          • Brent E. Turvey, MS
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
              Kemal;

              There are a number of references on the subject, but we give it a bit more
              thorough treatment in Rape Investigation Handbook.

              See: http://www.corpus-delicti.com/fs_bookstore/rih/rih_toc.html

              We break it up over three chapters:

              Chapter 2: The First Investigative Response
              Chapter 3: Investigative Crime Scene Management
              Chapter 4: Processing the Crime Scene

              Ch. 3 is specifically designed for the lead investigator.

              There are checklists and applied lessons throughout.

              If you can't buy a copy (they are $70.00 US), then you can probably get one
              through interlibrary loan.

              Brent
              Brent E. Turvey, MS - Forensic Science
              Forensic Solutions, LLC
              bturvey@...
              http://www.forensic-science.com

              Author of:
              Turvey, B. (2002) Criminal Profiling, 2nd Ed., London: Elsevier Science
              http://www.corpus-delicti.com/fs_bookstore/cp/cp_index.html

              Savino J. & Turvey B. (2004) Rape Investigation Handbook, San Diego:
              Elsevier Science
              http://www.corpus-delicti.com/fs_bookstore/rih/rih_index.html

              Chisum, W.J. & Turvey B. (2006) Crime Reconstruction, Boston: Elsevier
              Science
              http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.editors/707312/description

              "... the intermixing of science and politics is a bad combination with a bad
              history. We must remember the history, and be certain that what we present
              to the world as knowledge is disinterested and honest."
              - Crichton, M. (2004) State of Fear, New York: Harper-Collins Publisher;
              p.638

              I am studying on crime scene management. I need some advice, especially a
              book about this subject. ý wiil be very happy if you inform me.

              To subscribe send a blank e-mail to:
              forensic-science-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              >From the home page you can search the list archives. It also includes
              links to forensic science sites and allows you to modify your account
              settings.
              Yahoo! Groups Links