Facial Recognition Software suggestion request

  • Paolo Sfriso
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear Listmembers,

      we have been asked to quote and suggest a (medium priced) Facial Recognition
      software to be used by a local police dept for automatic comparison of
      digital "mugshots" of arrested suspects (who might be with no or false ID).

      Your suggestions regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

      Kind Regards.

      Paolo Sfriso CFE
      Director
      Gruppo S.I.T.
      Security, Investigations & Technology
      Quarto d'Altino, Venice
      ITALY

      Phone +39 0422 828517
      Fax +39 0422 823224
      24hr GSM Cell +39 335 5257308
      www.grupposit.com
      paulsfriso@...
      info@...
    • Wally Lind
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Try calling the CJIS section of the Minneota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension in St. Paul ( 651-642-0600). They have been working on that. Also try Tom Venables of the City Burnsville IT Unit (952-895-4400) who has been looking at that for the Burnsville Police Department's livescan function.
        Good Luck
        Wally Lind
        we have been asked to quote and suggest a (medium priced) Facial Recognition
        software to be used by a local police dept for automatic comparison of
        digital "mugshots" of arrested suspects (who might be with no or false ID).

        Your suggestions regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

        Kind Regards.

        Paolo Sfriso CFE
        Director
        Gruppo S.I.T.