Re: [forensic-science] Ignore This Unless You Have Outlook Express

  • Dave Hause
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2000
      Yeah, go ahead. Symantec is the manufacturer/purveyor of Norton AntiVirus,
      Norton Utilities and various other programs, but their site merely refers
      you on to a Microsoft site to download a bug patch.
      Dave Hause
      From: "Susanne Koenig" <susannebayeskoenig@...>
      Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 6:59 am

      > For those of you who have been getting an annoying message when
      > you open certain letters in Outlook Express that something about
      > the Active X control is not working properly or may be dangerous,
      > you are getting a virus. If you've been getting a "driver memory
      > error" when you start up, that's where it comes from! Here is the
      > cure from Norton--

      http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020318071406&src=
      hot

      > And all this trouble because Outlook Express has a security hole!
      > I know, I know--Microsoft made a mistake?!?!? Who woudda thunk it?
      >
      > Let me know if this helps anybody...
      >
      > Sk

    • Susanne Koenig
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
        And I might add, the cure is bit of trouble, but it's worth it, and the patch worked, cause it hasn't happened again;  even though I'm getting email from the same people.  I hope this helped some of you out! :-)

        Sk

        > For those of you who have been getting an annoying message when
        > you open certain letters in Outlook Express that something about
        > the Active X control is not working properly or may be dangerous,
        > you are getting a virus.  If you've been getting a "driver memory
        > error" when you start up, that's where it comes from! Here is the
        > cure from Norton--

        http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020318071406&src=
        hot

        > And all this trouble because Outlook Express has a security hole!
        > I know, I know--Microsoft made a mistake?!?!?  Who woudda thunk it?
        >
        > Let me know if this helps anybody...
        >
        > Sk

        Get a Web Address!
        www..com