Profilers

  • mariazizi
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002
      Hi
      I'm looking for information about the "profilers" - the work, the
      cases, the FBI B.Unit, books, published works...everything.
      Thanks for all the help
    • Eileen Allen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        Try some books by John Douglas- Mind Hunter and Anatomy of Motive (I think
        these are the correct titles).

        ----------
        I'm looking for information about the "profilers" - the work, the
        cases, the FBI B.Unit, books, published works...everything.
        Thanks for all the help

        To subscribe send a blank e-mail to:
        forensic-science-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        From the home page you can search the list archives. It also includes
        links to forensic science sites and allows you to modify your account
        settings.

      • Satish.Sekar@ntlworld.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
          List Members,

          I am dealing with a case which appears to involve strange conduct. If the accused is guilty then he must have licked a strange part of the deceased woman's bra - on the side-panel under the arm towards the back of it. This appears to be an odd area to lick. It therefore struck me that if this was a deliberate act then it was the killer's signature, or part of it. I would like to contact John Douglas or Robert Resler about this. Could anyone help on how to contact them or recommend somebody else. Thanks in advance.

          Best Wishes

          Satish Sekar

        • lovelyirishred@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
            You should contact Brent Turvey, he is fabulous!

            P. Durden
          • Satish.Sekar@ntlworld.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
              Could you forward his contact details to me. Thanks in advance.

              Satish Sekar
              > You should contact Brent Turvey, he is fabulous!
              >
              > P. Durden
              >

              > To subscribe send a blank e-mail to:
              forensic-science-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              > From the home page you can search the list archives. It also includes
              links to forensic science sites and allows you to modify your account
              settings.

            • Peter D. Barnett
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
                At 01:00 PM 6/2/2002 +0100, Satish.Sekar@... wrote:

                > I am dealing with a case which appears to involve strange conduct. If the
                > accused is guilty then he must have licked a strange part of the deceased
                > woman's bra - on the side-panel under the arm towards the back of it. This
                > appears to be an odd area to lick. It therefore struck me that if this was a
                > deliberate act then it was the killer's signature, or part of it. I would
                > like to contact John Douglas or Robert Resler about this. Could anyone help
                > on how to contact them or recommend somebody else. Thanks in advance.

                > And what conceivably useful information do you expect to learn from
                > consultation with a profiler? You say "If the accused is guilty then he must
                > have licked a strange part of the deceased woman's bra." Does that mean
                that
                > it has been proven that he accused has licked the bra? I just don't
                > understand how a "profiler" would contribute any useful information to this
                > case. Of course, I sort of feel the same way about profilers in general,
                but
                > using this case as an example I would love to hear what a profiler might
                > contribute that would be, in some way, helpful to someone.

                Pete Barnett

                Peter D. Barnett
                Forensic Science Associates
                Richmond CA
                510-222-8883 FAX: 510-222-8887 pbarnett@...

                http://www.fsalab.com
              • lovelyirishred@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
                  In a message dated 6/2/02 11:27:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
                  Satish.sekar@... writes:

                  << From: Satish.sekar@... (Satish.Sekar@...) >>

                  http://www.corpus-delicti.com/newsletters/KSNL_031797.html#profiling

                  Paste this link into your browser.

                  I attended Mr. Turvey's Criminal Profiling seminar in NJ, December 2001. He
                  was quite knowledgeable and might be able to offer assistance to you.

                  Kind regards,

                  Pamela Durden
                • Cari Caruso
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
                    I agree with Pete. You have someone who has either licked the woman's bra or her armpit and the saliva was transferred to the bra. If there are other signatures left by the assailant they will be present in other cases and the DNA will match. Whatever his paraphilia or fetish may be, if you can connect the cases you've already done the work.
                    cari

                    Cari Caruso RN FNE SANE-A
                    Forensic Nurse Examiner
                    Southern California Regional Representative of the
                    International Association of Forensic Nurses
                    Clinical Forensic Coordinator:
                    Sexual Assault Response Team
                    Domestic Assault Response Team
                    San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
                    cari4n6@...
                    > I am dealing with a case which appears to involve strange conduct. If the
                    > accused is guilty then he must have licked a strange part of the deceased
                    > woman's bra - on the side-panel under the arm towards the back of it. This
                    > appears to be an odd area to lick. It therefore struck me that if this was a
                    > deliberate act then it was the killer's signature, or part of it. I would
                    > like to contact John Douglas or Robert Resler about this. Could anyone help
                    > on how to contact them or recommend somebody else. Thanks in advance.

                    > And what conceivably useful information do you expect to learn from
                    > consultation with a profiler? You say "If the accused is guilty then he must
                    > have licked a strange part of the deceased woman's bra." Does that mean
                    that
                    > it has been proven that he accused has licked the bra? I just don't
                    > understand how a "profiler" would contribute any useful information to this
                    > case. Of course, I sort of feel the same way about profilers in general,
                    but
                    > using this case as an example I would love to hear what a profiler might
                    > contribute that would be, in some way, helpful to someone.

                    Pete Barnett

                    Peter D. Barnett
                    Forensic Science Associates
                    Richmond CA