RE: [forensic-science] Death Investigator Information

  • Hause, David W LTC GLWACH
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
      RE: [forensic-science] Death Investigator Information

      Start with the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators, http://www.slu.edu/organizations/abmdi/index.shtml and if that isn't enough information, stop by the SLU south campus (Medical Center) book store for the training manual.  If that STILL isn't enough, make an appointment with Mary Fran Ernst, president of ABMDI (and of AAFS this year), in the pathology department.  She started that way.  But specific requirements are going to be agency-specific, so go ask for some.

      Dave Hause, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
      David.Hause@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
        In a message dated 7/31/01 9:02:52 PM, hotrodpinup@... writes:

        << I am searching for specific information on what the requirements are
        to become a Death Investigator. I am aware about the training course
        offered here in St. Louis but am wondering if that is all that is
        necessary, besides an exam, to qualify for this type of work. Any
        information would be greatly appreciated!
        Thank You,
        Carrie >>

        Probably changing your handle from hotrod pinup would be a good start. LOL