X-ray powder diffraction of an unknown substance

  • Nadav Levin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,
      An off-topic question:
      I would like to ask for your assistance in identifying an unknown substance
      by its x-ray powder diffraction.
      The substance is a yellowish powder, and its elemental composition is
      mainly lead (Pb), maybe with some sulfur (S).
      The diffractogram peak list is attached, as an Excel file.
      Can anyone identify this substance ?
      Any assistance will be acknowledged.
      Thanks in advance, and best regards,
      Nadav Levin
      DIFS
      Israel

    • Daryl W. Clemens
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
        The forensic-science list does not allow attachments, but if you send the
        file to me directly I will post it to the files area of the group.

        Regards,

        Daryl

        Daryl W. Clemens
        Editor, Crime & Clues
        http://www.crimeandclues.com/

        1189 Alger SE
        Grand Rapids, MI 49507

        616-929-0132
        dclemens@...

        On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Nadav Levin <simanim@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Colleagues,
        > An off-topic question:
        > I would like to ask for your assistance in identifying an unknown substance
        > by its x-ray powder diffraction.
        > The substance is a yellowish powder, and its elemental composition is
        > mainly lead (Pb), maybe with some sulfur (S).
        > The diffractogram peak list is attached, as an Excel file.
        > Can anyone identify this substance ?
        > Any assistance will be acknowledged.
        > Thanks in advance, and best regards,
        > Nadav Levin
        > DIFS
        > Israel

      • abdi.aliraza
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
          --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, Nadav Levin <simanim@...> wrote:

          > Dear Colleagues,
          > An off-topic question:
          > I would like to ask for your assistance in identifying an unknown substance
          > by its x-ray powder diffraction.
          > The substance is a yellowish powder, and its elemental composition is
          > mainly lead (Pb), maybe with some sulfur (S).
          > The diffractogram peak list is attached, as an Excel file.
          > Can anyone identify this substance ?
          > Any assistance will be acknowledged.
          > Thanks in advance, and best regards,
          > Nadav Levin
          > DIFS
          > Israel

          Dear Levin,
          the excel sheet cant be found. Please, send it to my email, if possible.