Glass Refractive Index Measurement System

  • Nadav Levin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,
      We are about to replace our Foster and Freeman GRIM2 system (installed
      about 15 years ago).
      The GRIM2 served us well, but it's time for its retirement.
      We are aware of 3 glass refractive index measurement systems, commercially
      available:

      - The Foster and Freeman
      GRIM3<http://www.fosterfreeman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=49>
      ,
      - The LIM Lucia RI <http://www.forensic.cz/en/products/lucia-ri>, and
      - The CRAIC RIQ <http://www.microspectra.com/products/riq>.

      I would appreciate receiving any input regarding these or other systems,
      and recommendations based on your experience.
      Due to the delicate nature of my request, an off-list response (to
      simanim@...) will probably be advisable.
      Thanks a lot, and best regards,
      Nadav Levin
      DIFS