Ngm

  • ausanovic
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2011
      Is there anybody works with NGM?
      Is anybody compares NGM & SGM?
      Results?
      :)
    • nonarevers
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2011
        Reply from someone outside of the "profession" - I have
        too much scientific integrity.

        FSI 112 (2000) 151-161 shows there is not correspondence between
        SGM and SGM+ with HUMFIBRA locus

        FSI 143 (2004) 47-52
        False Homozygosities comparing 2 DNA profiling kits with divided samples taken from
        2055 individuals showing 15 errors comparing SGM plus results to Powerplex 16 results
        on 5 loci , so error rate of 0.7 per cent or 1 in 140 (in UK terms).

        Person SGM Powerplex
        vWA
        1 15,15 15,17
        2 17,17 17,18
        3 15,15 15,18
        4 16,16 16,18
        5 18,18 18,21
        D8S1179
        6 12,12 12,16
        7 14,14 10,14
        8 13,13 13,18
        FGA
        9 22,25 25,25
        10 23,23 21,23
        D18S51
        11 14,16 14,14
        12 10,10 10,18
        13 15,16 15,15
        So false homozygosity slippage by as much as 8 alleles.

        And one error on D5S818 comparing Profiler and Powerplex
        10,11 11,11
        10,12 12,12

        Why should the NGM D1S1656, D2S441, D10S1248, D12S391, D22S1045 be any different.

        Don't forget forensic science has the word science in the name of the discipline , so expect it to be like political science, economic science, christian science , social science etc - little observation of scientific ethics.
        You will not find anyone having done this most basic of studies.
        Take a few hundred individuals, take samples and test and also store samples for 10 years.
        Then trace those same people and again take live samples and also the
        stored samples and test with current batches of nominally the same DNA test kits .
        Compare results

        ps
        what Special Branch don't want you to know about DNA profiles.
        http://www.oldbury.chat.ru/dnapr.htm
        or nutteingd in a search engine.

        Valid email nutteing@fastmail.....fm (remove 4 of the 5 dots)
        Ignore any other apparent em address used to post this message -
        it is defunct due to spam.