Re: [forensic-science] Blue Star Vs Luminol

  • John Scharf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
      Perhaps this would be useful:
      http://www.hartnell.edu/faculty/jhughey/Files/bloodpatternsandDNArecovery.pdf

      ________________________________
      From: "crimesc324@..." <crimesc324@...>
      To: forensic-science@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, February 16, 2010 11:35:09 AM
      Subject: Re: [forensic-science] Blue Star Vs Luminol

      it is much better than Luminol. The reaction is even visible in subdued light where luminol is so weak a reaction that it must be used in total darkness. Blue Star Magnum is even better

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2010
        Luminol is better. Bluestar is also luminol. In luminol you can use any hydrogen peroxide but Bluestar's has these `white tablets' that are hydrogen peroxide based and are flammable and hazardous. I would not carry these tablets around in our vehicles, just takes a spark.

        These tablets are known as Hydrogen Peroxide Urea Adduct and should be stored refrigerated. See the MSDS here.
        http://www.fishersci.com/msds?productName=AC241020010&productDescription=UREA+HYDROGEN+PEROXIDE%281+1KG&catNo=AC24102-0010&vendorId=VN00032119&storeId=10652

        It has been discussed here, link below,
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/forensic-science/message/12726