Re: What is wrong with this picture?

  • cbella0717
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2009
      They used the same pipette for both the suspect and the sample, thereby
      cross contaminating. They also forgot the stain.

      --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, "John Lloyd Scharf"
      <johnlloydscharf@...> wrote:

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSwlCk_Z02c
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSwlCk_Z02c>
      >
      > What is wrong with this video, though it explains the principles
      > involved?

    • Dan Shapiro
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
        This is still mind-boggling to me, as I published my DNA sequencing
        results back in the 1980's using the Maxim-Gilbert technique, where it
        took me 2 weeks, working umpteen hours every day, to go from DNA
        fragment to readable sequence. Back then I ran long polyacrylamide gels
        and got as many as 350 bases read from one gel .... then considered to
        be a major feat. I was sequencing chloroplast DNA genes from pea plants.

        Dan Shapiro
        Riverside