Re: [forensic-science] still learning???

  • Karin Cwiertniewicz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001

      I am at the beginning of my "education" - I am in a criminal justice program... how do  I go about trying to apply for a position with the ME's office now... even as a clerk typing thing.  My skills outside of criminal justice are extensive - I worked as a graphic designer for just over 4 years and now I work in the Media Archives division of GM... but I would love to work in the ME's office.   Do I contact the actual ME's office or would I contact county hr?  Do you think I have a shot at a position this early or should I just continue where I am until I get the know-how to do more for the ME?  My end goal is forensic anthropology/ criminalistics... the program I am in now is crime lab tech program.

      Any info would be great!  THANKS! Karin

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hi, i'm a nursing student in Winston salem nc and am minoring in criminal
        justice (Goal is to work in forensic nursing, any way any how)and was
        wondering what areas could i apply for in an ME's office right now, even
        just to do filing, etc. I have about 2-3 yrs left in school. I work
        parttime now at WFU baptist medical center as a GYN-ONC unit secretary.
        thanks