Re: [forensic-science] Re: CSI tv

  • Serita Stevens
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2007
      CSI is fiction with a little fact here and there splattered in for reality.
      While it has made more people aware of forensics (i.e. For budgetary
      considerations) it has also made it harder to present cases as the juries
      constantly wonder why you don't have DNA to back you up or why you couldn't
      get this or that info since the TV people got it. Like any Hollywood story,
      it is written for effects and spectacular and not what is real.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2007
        Wait a minute....you mean I don't get a Hummer after two years? What
        about a really hot co-worker who used to work as an exotic dancer? No
        super fine detectives with Cuban accents? But I really wanted the DNA
        results in 15 minutes!!

        John Roberts
        SLED Trace Lab

        --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com, "lthdarkangel"
        <lthdarkangel@...> wrote:

        > So You are telling me that since I am going to be a forensic
        > investigatior when i am finished with school that i is NOTHING like the
        > show csi OR there is LITTLE of it is true ?

      • Allen Miller
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2007
          No, but you do get a K-car that has no A/C, co-workers with crappy
          attitudes, DAs that don't know good evidence if it hit them in the face
          and for relaxation you get to sit in the courthouse all day for 5
          minutes of testimony at the end of the day.

          Allen Miller (retired)

          ________________________________

          Wait a minute....you mean I don't get a Hummer after two years? What
          about a really hot co-worker who used to work as an exotic dancer? No
          super fine detectives with Cuban accents? But I really wanted the DNA
          results in 15 minutes!!

          John Roberts
          SLED Trace Lab

          --- In forensic-science@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:forensic-science%40yahoogroups.com> , "lthdarkangel"
          <lthdarkangel@...> wrote:

          > So You are telling me that since I am going to be a forensic
          > investigatior when i am finished with school that i is NOTHING like
          the
          > show csi OR there is LITTLE of it is true ?

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

        • John Roberts
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 16, 2007
            And without fail, the courtroom benches were copied from the hardest, most uncomfortable church pews in existence. I'm gonna start bringing a stadium seat cushion to court. At least when I'm sequestered I get a comfy seat.

            John Roberts
            SLED Trace Lab

            Allen Miller <amiller@...> wrote: No, but you do get a K-car that has no A/C, co-workers with crappy