Book Wanted: Forensic Reasoning

  • hugo.grotius
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      I'm an editor with a small academic publishing house. I am seeking an
      independent-thinking practitioner that can author a book that would
      distill the essence of "forensic thinking" across all forensic
      sub-disciplines.

      Such a book would provide general definitions (e.g. "artifact,"
      "exemplar," etc.) and would provide insight into the evidence-based
      reasoning used by forensic practitioners (such as causality,
      "reasoning to the best expanation," on so on). In short, what are the
      common ideas and general models that all forensic practitioners
      (regardless of stripe) use to reach conclusions as to EVENTS based on
      FACTS. Such a book may even be provocative to the extent that it may
      challenge the notion that forensic thinking must, by definition, be
      tied to the law.