Learning Portuguese

  • daviannajaime@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 6, 2001
      I am trying to learn Portuguese at school. I find it very interesting
      plus it sounds very sexy. I also speak Spanish; in fact, this is my
      native language. Well, this is all for now. Take care, Davi.
    • qpwoeiru134679 .
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
        >From: daviannajaime@...
        >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [foreignlanguage] Learning Portuguese
        >Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 04:24:00 -0000
        >
        >I am trying to learn Portuguese at school. I find it very interesting
        >plus it sounds very sexy. I also speak Spanish; in fact, this is my
        >native language. Well, this is all for now. Take care, Davi.

        is it easy for you because you already know spanish? i heard that
        portuguese speakers can understand a bit of spanish and vice versa anyway.

        tony

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
          > >I am trying to learn Portuguese at school. I find
          > it very interesting
          > >plus it sounds very sexy. I also speak Spanish; in
          > fact, this is my
          > >native language. Well, this is all for now. Take
          > care, Davi.
          > >

          > is it easy for you because you already know spanish?
          > i heard that
          > portuguese speakers can understand a bit of spanish
          > and vice versa anyway.
          >
          > tony
          ####Yes,we can understand Portuguese and Italian^_^
          Noelia

          Yahoo! Messenger: Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente -
          http://messenger.yahoo.es
        • qpwoeiru134679 .
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
            davi,

            italian too? wow. how about romanian and latin? i heard that romanians
            can understand italian too.

            are you from spain or south america?

            tony

            >From: Shuichi Takatori <leiter_persia@...>
            >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
            >CC: leiter_persia@...
            >Subject: Re: [foreignlanguage] Learning Portuguese
            >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:43:16 +0200 (CEST)
            >

            > > >I am trying to learn Portuguese at school. I find
            > > it very interesting
            > > >plus it sounds very sexy. I also speak Spanish; in
            > > fact, this is my
            > > >native language. Well, this is all for now. Take
            > > care, Davi.
            > > >

            > > is it easy for you because you already know spanish?
            > > i heard that
            > > portuguese speakers can understand a bit of spanish
            > > and vice versa anyway.
            > >
            > > tony
            >####Yes,we can understand Portuguese and Italian^_^
            > Noelia

          • qpwoeiru134679 .
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
              davi,

              italian too? wow. how about romanian and latin? i heard that romanians
              can understand italian too.

              are you from spain or south america?

              tony

              >From: Shuichi Takatori <leiter_persia@...>
              >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
              >CC: leiter_persia@...
              >Subject: Re: [foreignlanguage] Learning Portuguese
              >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:43:16 +0200 (CEST)
              >

              > > >I am trying to learn Portuguese at school. I find
              > > it very interesting
              > > >plus it sounds very sexy. I also speak Spanish; in
              > > fact, this is my
              > > >native language. Well, this is all for now. Take
              > > care, Davi.
              > > >

              > > is it easy for you because you already know spanish?
              > > i heard that
              > > portuguese speakers can understand a bit of spanish
              > > and vice versa anyway.
              > >
              > > tony
              >####Yes,we can understand Portuguese and Italian^_^
              > Noelia

            • Shuichi Takatori
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
                Hi,there
                > italian too? wow.
                Yes.I teach Spanish at my italian's friends^_^

                how about romanian and latin?
                romanian?from Rumany(sorry!!!)I never heard romanian
                Latin only a few
                But you say that your native languaje is Spanish,isn´t
                you?
                > heard that romanians
                > can understand italian too.
                Sorry, I don't know it
                > are you from spain or south america?
                Spain^_^and you?

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
                  from vancouver, now living in hong kong. i speak cantonese, and some
                  mandarin and french.

                  french is farther from spanish/italian/portuguese right? you probably don't
                  understand much french because of your spanish (unless you've taken french
                  lessons) right?

                  tony

                  >From: Shuichi Takatori <leiter_persia@...>
                  >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
                  >CC: leiter_persia@...
                  >Subject: Re: [foreignlanguage] Learning Portuguese
                  >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
                  >

                  >Hi,there
                  > > italian too? wow.
                  >Yes.I teach Spanish at my italian's friends^_^
                  >

                  >how about romanian and latin?
                  >romanian?from Rumany(sorry!!!)I never heard romanian
                  >Latin only a few
                  >But you say that your native languaje is Spanish,isn�t
                  >you?
                  > > heard that romanians
                  > > can understand italian too.
                  >Sorry, I don't know it
                  > > are you from spain or south america?
                  >Spain^_^and you?
                  > > tony
                  >Noelia

                • qpwoeiru134679 .
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 7, 2001
                    from vancouver, now living in hong kong. i speak cantonese, and some
                    mandarin and french.

                    french is farther from spanish/italian/portuguese right? you probably don't
                    understand much french because of your spanish (unless you've taken french
                    lessons) right?

                    tony

                    >From: Shuichi Takatori <leiter_persia@...>
                    >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
                    >CC: leiter_persia@...
                    >Subject: Re: [foreignlanguage] Learning Portuguese
                    >Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
                    >

                    >Hi,there
                    > > italian too? wow.
                    >Yes.I teach Spanish at my italian's friends^_^
                    >

                    >how about romanian and latin?
                    >romanian?from Rumany(sorry!!!)I never heard romanian
                    >Latin only a few
                    >But you say that your native languaje is Spanish,isn�t
                    >you?
                    > > heard that romanians
                    > > can understand italian too.
                    >Sorry, I don't know it
                    > > are you from spain or south america?
                    >Spain^_^and you?
                    > > tony
                    >Noelia

                  • Shuichi Takatori
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 8, 2001
                      from vancouver, now living in hong kong. i speak
                      > cantonese, and some
                      > mandarin and french.
                      >
                      > french is farther from spanish/italian/portuguese
                      > right? you probably don't
                      > understand much french because of your spanish
                      > (unless you've taken french
                      > lessons) right?
                      >
                      > tony

                      Well,Yes,I have taken french lesson but before I can
                      understand a few of french.Only you can use your
                      imagination(do you understand me?)
                      noelia

                      Yahoo! Messenger: Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente -
                      http://messenger.yahoo.es
                    • Henry Charles Mackworth James
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 12, 2003
                        Hi there
                        I would like to learn Portuguese, is there anyone who can help me. I
                        am an English teacher who would be very happy to come to Portugal to
                        achieve my dream.
                        Thank you
                        Henry
                      • nuno miguel
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 12, 2003
                          sure- claro
                          i dont see any problem with that- nao vejo nenhum
                          problema com isso
                          i could teach you portuguese- eu podia te ensinar
                          portugues
                          but it takes some time- mas so que leva algum tempo
                          see you -ate logo

                          Message 12 of 21 , May 12, 2003
                            ---
                          • d h
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 13, 2003
                              I can help, too. Have you learned something already or are you starting now?

                              <henry_c_m_james@...> wrote:
                              > Hi there
                              > I would like to learn Portuguese, is there anyone
                              > who can help me. I
                              > am an English teacher who would be very happy to
                              > come to Portugal to
                              > achieve my dream.
                              > Thank you
                              > Henry

                              Yahoo! Mail
                              O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espaço, antivírus, acesso POP3, filtro contra spam.
                            • nuno miguel
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 14, 2003
                                well, to be honest with you, iam a portuguese, so that
                                means i already know the language, but i could teach
                                you all that i know about the language, without any
                                doubt
                                --- d h <hipplerd@...> wrote:
                                > I can help, too. Have you learned something already
                                > or are you starting now?
                                >
                                > nuno miguel <nunoportugal2001@...> wrote:sure-
                                > claro
                                > i dont see any problem with that- nao vejo nenhum
                                > problema com isso
                                > i could teach you portuguese- eu podia te ensinar
                                > portugues
                                > but it takes some time- mas so que leva algum tempo
                                > see you -ate logo
                                >
                                > --- Henry Charles Mackworth James
                                > <henry_c_m_james@...> wrote:
                                > > Hi there
                                > > I would like to learn Portuguese, is there anyone
                                > > who can help me. I
                                > > am an English teacher who would be very happy to
                                > > come to Portugal to
                                > > achieve my dream.
                                > > Thank you
                                > > Henry

                                > Terms of Service.

                                http://search.yahoo.com
                              • Diana
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 26, 2006
                                  I am trying to teach myself Portuguese by listening to audio books
                                  from the library. My problem is that I sometimes can't tell what they
                                  are saying as I need to know the spelling....especially if I hope to
                                  TYPE something in Portuguese on this site.

                                  Still, any help I can get would be appreciated.

                                  I am heading to Sao Paulo for the month of January.

                                  I am in central Pennsylvania,
                                  Diana
                                • Felipe Saldivar
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 29, 2006
                                    Here is a site that will help you. Words are spelled differently than they sound.

                                    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atrium/8125/ahistoria.html
                                    A website about the history of Brazil

                                    http://letras.terra.com.br/
                                    A site that will list the lyrics of Brazilian songs

                                    http://www.easyportuguese.com/
                                    a site with free lessons

                                    A website of poems. I think this is a very beautiful poem for friendship
                                    http://mo.enviealegria.com.br/mensagens/patty/pvoce.htm

                                    http://wwitv.com/
                                    A site that will allow you to watch channels from around the world (FREE)

                                    http://www.surfmusic.de/brasil.htm
                                    A site to listen to radio station in Brazil

                                    www.ultralingua.com
                                    a multilingual dictionary

                                    party site for brazilians

                                    Diana <flyingmz@...> wrote:
                                    I am trying to teach myself Portuguese by listening to audio books
                                    from the library. My problem is that I sometimes can't tell what they
                                    are saying as I need to know the spelling.... especially if I hope to
                                    TYPE something in Portuguese on this site.

                                    Still, any help I can get would be appreciated.

                                    I am heading to Sao Paulo for the month of January.

                                    I am in central Pennsylvania,
                                    Diana

                                  • Di Yahoo
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 29, 2006
                                      Thank you very  much.

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 12, 2008
                                        Hy,
                                        I am a new member of this group and i would like to ask if u have some
                                        materials, lessons, courses, tutorials,or web sites anything in
                                        Portuguese.
                                        I would really want to learn this language.
                                        Thank u.

                                        Ana
                                      • Artur Nunes
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 14, 2008
                                          Hi!

                                          I don´t really have any material but I´m brazilian, portuguese native
                                          speaker (living in Brasil) and I can look for something...

                                          I´m trying to improve my english as well as to know different cultures.

                                          Maybe an e-mail exchange would be useful to raise some acquaintance in
                                          portuguese allowing further steps!

                                          Best regards!

                                          Artur

                                          --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "annaiss_derrian"
                                          <annaiss_derrian@...> wrote:

                                          > Hy,
                                          > I am a new member of this group and i would like to ask if u have some
                                          > materials, lessons, courses, tutorials,or web sites anything in
                                          > Portuguese.
                                          > I would really want to learn this language.
                                          > Thank u.
                                          >
                                          > Ana

                                        • Daniel Oliveira
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 17, 2008
                                            Hi, Annais.

                                            try this one:

                                            and this:

                                            my native language is portuguese. maybe we can help each other. by the way, what is your native language?

                                            Daniel

                                            Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
                                            http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/
                                          • Ana Ianc
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 19, 2008
                                              thx,
                                              I will check them out!
                                              I am form Romania, and i speak English, a little german and spanish

                                              "Durant, Danika" <DDurant@...> wrote:
                                              LanguagesAndMore@ yahoogroups. com – This group could help you too.
                                              One of the members who contributes the most is a Brazilian poster.
                                              HC

                                              http://mail.yahoo.com