Re: [foreignlanguage] Research Project

  • Tomas
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
      thats "Vyzkumny projekt" in Czech

      Tomas

      on Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:23:23 -0000, boxing11ei@... wrote:
      >Hello everyone! My name is Reid and I am doing a research project
      >on languages. And so for the project I need to find out
      >how: "Research Project" is said in as many languages as possible.
      >So if anyone can help me out with this task I will be very thankful.
      >
      >Thankyou so much,
      >~Reid

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Leo Corman
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
        Proyecto de Investigacion in Spanish.

        I ain't sure about Mandarin Chinese and Japanese so
        I'd better check with my friends and write to u
        tomorrow.

        Neo
        Rotorua, NZ

        =====
        Det vi utretter i livet gir gjenklang i evigheten.

        Det vi gör i livet ger eko ända in i evigheten.

        http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
        - Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!
      • Bruno Oliveira Maroneze
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
          In Portuguese, we say "projeto de pesquisa".
          Best regards,
          Bruno

          Hello everyone!  My name is Reid and I am doing a research project
          on languages. And so for the project I need to find out
          how:  "Research Project" is said in as many languages as possible.
          So if anyone can help me out with this task I will be very thankful.

          Thankyou so much,
          ~Reid
        • sankalp dravid
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
            I'm sorry Reid,for not replying directly to your mail...as it got deleted by mistake.
            In Marathi(spoken in the western state of India-"Maharashtra") it'll be "sanshodhan prakalp" (this is written in Romanised Marathi...in its standard form Marathi is written in "Devnagari" script...so read it in that way...:-) )

            Have a joyous endeavour !

            Sankalp
            For us, sky is the limit.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2001
              Hi Sankalp and Reid,
              In India's national language HINDI, Research is "Anveshan" or
              "Anusandhaan". Project is "yukti", "upaae".

              If you are interested, I can make small .wav file of how it (and Marathi
              term mentioned by Sankalp) are spoken and send to you.

              Regards.
              -Rawat
              INDORE, MP, INDIA

              PS: I joined this list to get some help on learning italian 9starting
              from scratch). My Mothertoungue is HINDI, and I know English and urdu
              also.

              ------------------------------

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 10, 2001
                proiseict rannsachaidh

                in Gaelic, though spelling of 'proiseict' may differ as it's a loan word

                Mo

              • Doreen Dotan
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001
                  B"H

                  Hi, Mo!

                  My father's from Ireland and I'm curious about Gaelic.

                  Is there a site on the nets where I can hear it
                  spoken?

                  Thanks,
                  Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan (see I really am of half Irish
                  descent despite the very Israeli married name).

                  http://im.yahoo.com/
                • hbonoferte@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001
                    hello Doreen,

                    Here is one club you could check for Irish Gaelic. There are others, only
                    that one is a constant feature on my home page, so I did not have to do any
                    real research, will look out for where did I list the few others and forward
                    them to you. Some are more active that others. I also know there is at least
                    one yahoo chatroom all in gaeilge.

                    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/clubnagaedlighnaeirann

                    I thank you for your other mail, Doreen and wishes you best on your Gaelic
                    chat.

                    Corinne

                  • Doreen Dotan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001