Re: [foreignlanguage] Research Project

  • Ali Osman TEZCAN
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
      "Research Project" means "Ara�t�rma Projesi" in
      Turkish

      Ali

      --- boxing11ei@... wrote:
      > Hello everyone! My name is Reid and I am doing a
      > research project
      > on languages. And so for the project I need to find
      > out
      > how: "Research Project" is said in as many
      > languages as possible.
      > So if anyone can help me out with this task I will
      > be very thankful.
      >
      > Thankyou so much,
      > ~Reid

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Tomas
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
        thats "Vyzkumny projekt" in Czech

        Tomas

        on Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:23:23 -0000, boxing11ei@... wrote:
        >Hello everyone! My name is Reid and I am doing a research project
        >on languages. And so for the project I need to find out
        >how: "Research Project" is said in as many languages as possible.
        >So if anyone can help me out with this task I will be very thankful.
        >
        >Thankyou so much,
        >~Reid

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Leo Corman
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
          Proyecto de Investigacion in Spanish.

          I ain't sure about Mandarin Chinese and Japanese so
          I'd better check with my friends and write to u
          tomorrow.

          Neo
          Rotorua, NZ

          =====
          Det vi utretter i livet gir gjenklang i evigheten.

          Det vi gör i livet ger eko ända in i evigheten.

          http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
          - Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!
        • Bruno Oliveira Maroneze
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
            In Portuguese, we say "projeto de pesquisa".
            Best regards,
            Bruno

            Hello everyone!  My name is Reid and I am doing a research project
            on languages. And so for the project I need to find out
            how:  "Research Project" is said in as many languages as possible.
            So if anyone can help me out with this task I will be very thankful.

            Thankyou so much,
            ~Reid
          • sankalp dravid
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
              I'm sorry Reid,for not replying directly to your mail...as it got deleted by mistake.
              In Marathi(spoken in the western state of India-"Maharashtra") it'll be "sanshodhan prakalp" (this is written in Romanised Marathi...in its standard form Marathi is written in "Devnagari" script...so read it in that way...:-) )

              Have a joyous endeavour !

              Sankalp
              For us, sky is the limit.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2001
                Hi Sankalp and Reid,
                In India's national language HINDI, Research is "Anveshan" or
                "Anusandhaan". Project is "yukti", "upaae".

                If you are interested, I can make small .wav file of how it (and Marathi
                term mentioned by Sankalp) are spoken and send to you.

                Regards.
                -Rawat
                INDORE, MP, INDIA

                PS: I joined this list to get some help on learning italian 9starting
                from scratch). My Mothertoungue is HINDI, and I know English and urdu
                also.

                ------------------------------

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 10, 2001
                  proiseict rannsachaidh

                  in Gaelic, though spelling of 'proiseict' may differ as it's a loan word

                  Mo

                • Doreen Dotan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001
                    B"H

                    Hi, Mo!

                    My father's from Ireland and I'm curious about Gaelic.

                    Is there a site on the nets where I can hear it
                    spoken?

                    Thanks,
                    Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan (see I really am of half Irish
                    descent despite the very Israeli married name).

                    http://im.yahoo.com/
                  • hbonoferte@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001
                      hello Doreen,

                      Here is one club you could check for Irish Gaelic. There are others, only
                      that one is a constant feature on my home page, so I did not have to do any
                      real research, will look out for where did I list the few others and forward
                      them to you. Some are more active that others. I also know there is at least
                      one yahoo chatroom all in gaeilge.

                      http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/clubnagaedlighnaeirann

                      I thank you for your other mail, Doreen and wishes you best on your Gaelic
                      chat.

                      Corinne

                    • Doreen Dotan
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 12, 2001